Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

how does your son act around men?

Posted by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 8:21 PM
  • 18 Replies

My son is 3 and he is super clingy when it comes to men. Like if im at a friends house who has a boyfriend, my son is attached to him completely...and even the next day will ask me..."Wheres my friend Ryan? etc?...

OH and we were recently in Kohls, and my son actually pulled away from me and ran up to a man who was with his son, and grabbed his hand and tried to walk with them...smiling , happy and all....Then had a huge fit when i told him no and pulled him away from the strangers.

This boy really needs/wants a man in his life!!!

by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 8:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 8:25 PM

It all depends on how well he knows the guy.  He won't go up to strangers at all, but he's really taken to some of our neighbors here.  He asks to go out and talk to them when he sees them outside, and will ask them to come play, etc.  He took right to the hubby when he moved down here last August too.  I think he picks up more on how I respond to men more than anything still.  

by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 8:44 PM
It takes my son a while to warm up to people. Like if I'm at a strangers house ( stranger to him) he's stays with me, sitting on my lap. If I put him down hell cry and wanna come back with me. Like one time I was in the store and he ran away from me and this girl tried to talk to him and he stopped and was just backing away. I like that's he doesn't talk to strangers right off the back and he doesn't go to people he's not familiar with. Because when was younger, he was too friendly lol. Btw he's one y/o
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 9:45 PM
My son is the same way and it scares me. He is too friendly around men. I guess he wants to have a man around. Smh my ds is only 2.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 9:50 PM
I'm having a son, and I'm terrified of him being overly friendly. Is your dad close by? Do you have brothers? I'm sure that would help him with male bonding.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 10:00 PM

That sounds just like my son and he's the same age. Sometimes he asks other men if they're his dad or just calls the adult men around Dad. His dad is not involved at all and DS is confused. It's heart breaking but I just tell him "that's not your dad but he is your buddy". And when he does say where is my dad I just tell him he lives far away. It's the sadest thing about being a single mom.

by on Dec. 4, 2011 at 1:04 AM

My son is 4 and totally adores his Uncle Eric.  Anytime he gets in trouble, he says, I want to go to Eric's!  He will get my cell phone and try to call Eric, he begs to go to Eric's house all the time etc.  He gets to go over there on weekends once or twice a month, but wow, it gets old sometimes and I will be truthful, it sort of hurts my feelings that he loves his Uncle that much, lol.  My little one is staying the night with his Uncle tonight and he wasn't feeling that well.  It was so cute to see them tonight just before I left to come home, they were snuggled up on the couch.  What is so funny is that Eric really doesn't play with him or anything, I guess it's just because when he was younger Eric used to babysit for me, so they got really close.  They play x-box together and watch tv together, but other than that my little one is just playing with the other kids, oh well, I guess at least he loves being there so I can get some stuff done and have some ME time occassionally, lol.  I am not married or dating anyone so he really only gets his male bonding from his Uncles.

by on Dec. 4, 2011 at 1:36 AM

Up OP thats exactly how my 2 year old DS is. He CRAVES attetion from men. He actually asks me to go to chauns daddy's house just to see his friend chauns dad. its so sad, mystbex  is military and was gone from the time our DS was 9 months till well now he asked for a divorce a year after DS turned 1 and only visits every 3 months. In the 6 months weve been separated hes talked to our DS 3x and visited 1x for 12 hours (3 hrs first day 8 hours the second). I know exactly what your going through with your DS OP. Im sorry its happening but im glad my DS isnt the only one who does it! 

juggling Just a single mom living my life for my wonderful son! toddler boy

by on Dec. 4, 2011 at 1:38 AM

My 4 year old is the same.
It's sad, but his Dad has been more involved in his life lately so hopefully it'll get better.

by on Dec. 4, 2011 at 2:47 AM

My son d the exact same stuff. It's embarrassing and unnerving because I worry about paedophiles. I think boys miss a male role model.

by on Dec. 4, 2011 at 3:37 AM
My oldest loved it before we moved and he could go see his uncle mickey but now thar were 3 hrs away he cant but hes 5 so he understands things better now. my youngest (10 months) cries anytime a guy comes around. the only "guy" he likes is his brother.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)