Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

i'm new and old!!, well i feel old! :)

Posted by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 9:34 PM
  • 18 Replies

hi! i'm new to the group. i have four children and i'm 37 years old myself. in February my divorce will be final and i've been a single mom for about 2 years now. i have a 19(will be 20 next week) year old son,Nick,my 15 year old daughter Lauren,my 14 year old autistic son Ben, and my "old spirit" 11 year old Christopher. we live in a soon to be four bedroom home in Michigan and i also home-school the kids. well,not the 19 year old. he actually went to and graduated from public school. it was the teachers(not all,just a selected few) that made up my mind to home-school the rest of the lot. we have two cats and one dog..a dorkie. her name is Jasmine and she came from an abusive home so i guess i sorta adopted her about two months ago. for those of you who do not know what a dorkie is it's a little "ankle biter" dog that's half Dachshund and half Yorkshire Terrier. other than that we have the same trials and troubles as many split families and i personally have many trials and troubles as a single parent of mainly three but i still say four because first and foremost your always a mother!! anyway, hope to have interesting conversation and learn some things and maybe i can lend a hand once in awhile. take care everyone.

by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 9:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Robsessed98
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 10:51 PM

Welcome to the group. Sounds like you have a busy life.  Glad you found us!

tyfry7496
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 11:00 PM
1 mom liked this

Welcome! And you are not old. I am Janet, 40 yrs young with a 15.5 yr old son named Tyler. 

SinceresMomma
by on Dec. 4, 2011 at 2:35 AM
Welcome!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
court.0125
by on Dec. 4, 2011 at 2:57 AM
Welcome! Where in MI are you?? I'm also in mi :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Dawnie-marie
by Dawn on Dec. 4, 2011 at 5:53 AM

welcome to the group, hope you enjoy it.

Chrismomto5
by on Dec. 4, 2011 at 10:20 AM
1 mom liked this

Welcome!  I'm Chris, 29yr old full time mom, full time nurse.  I was a single mom until I married my husband 7mnths ago.  We have five children, Jaydn who is 11, Ansleigh, my autistic 9yr old, Ciarabel, my spunky preemie, Ryker, my autistic 6yr old, and Jacob, my 5yr old bonus son!  

serenityspeaks
by on Dec. 4, 2011 at 11:34 AM

WELCOME well if 37 is old I dont know what to say....ITS NOT OLD....LOL I am 33 with 3 LO ages 3,7 , and 8. I am a very new single mom like 2 months here but each day we make it through! I find this group very supportive and helpful and a nice place to vent when others dont understand or get it.

lovinlife13
by on Dec. 4, 2011 at 11:42 AM
Hi and welcome to the group.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Lauraleigh55
by on Dec. 4, 2011 at 11:44 AM

OMG I can't imagine being that old lolol...welcome...I'm 33 and a single mom but feel like a slacker compared to everything that is on your plate...this is a great place to be...hugggggs and love to be friends...

sillybear.n.cub
by on Dec. 4, 2011 at 12:02 PM
Welcome to the group!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)