Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Can you relate? Advice needed

Posted by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 9:45 PM
  • 3 Replies

So long story short, I broke up with the father of my 6 year old a few months ago. I moved thousands of miles away. And now Im sooooo lonely! I DO NOT miss my ex, I just miss my friends and my social life, I'd like to start dating but I dont even know where to begin. I have had issues with depression and I can feel myself becoming depressed again. I really really really  need friends. I need female friends to talk to and maybe a guy to take me on some dates to put some excitement in my life. What should I do? Ive been crushing on a coworker but I dont even know how to even go there with him...advice please!

by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 9:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
Robsessed98
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 10:47 PM

Welcome to the group. Why did you move so far away from home?  I'd check into church, social and single groups in the area first.  I don't think it's a good idea to date a co-worker because it usually ends up badly and then it's uncomfortable to work with them.  But, if you really like him, just ask him if he wants to go have a drink with you after work.

tyfry7496
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 10:59 PM
1 mom liked this

Welcome to the group!! What about meeting other parents at your child's school? Join the PTA, volunteer to help at activities. Do mommy and me classes, get him in sports. I have met a lot of great moms that way. 

imabitweird
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 11:16 PM

Thanks Ladies. I think I will try to do most of those things within the next couple of weeks, and Robsessed you may be right about the coworker. Its just the only place where i interact with people these days. I have family down here but we are not that close

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)