Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What is wrong with him?

Posted by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 10:02 PM
  • 13 Replies

About 45 minutes ago DS woke up screaming his leg hurt and wouldn't let me touch it. Poor thing cried himself back to sleep in my bed. What could be wrong?

by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 10:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
muwchck
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 10:11 PM

probably just "growing pains."  I used to get them all the time when I was younger.  It's like when you have a growth spurt and the muscles and all are stretched out a little bit.  Sometimes they hurt really bad.  Could have been a cramp too.  Hope he feels better in the morning.

MamaHens3
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 10:16 PM

Could be cramping, one of my cousins had the worst growing pains. I would look at him thinking WTF is wrong with you?? LOL. Now as a parent older, I get it and feel bad for thinking they were a pansy. 

singlemom1208
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 10:21 PM

Thanks. Yeah, I remember getting them and my mom would massage my arms or legs and it would feel better. He told me not to touch him. He's soundly sleeping now. :)

Quoting muwchck:

probably just "growing pains."  I used to get them all the time when I was younger.  It's like when you have a growth spurt and the muscles and all are stretched out a little bit.  Sometimes they hurt really bad.  Could have been a cramp too.  Hope he feels better in the morning.

Robsessed98
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 10:34 PM

I'd think it was cramping... If it's ok when he wakes back up I wouldn't worry about it.

tyfry7496
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 11:24 PM
1 mom liked this

Actually, there is no such thing as growing pains, according to the 2 orthopedic doctors and sports medicine doctor and numerous physical therapists I talked to. They told me what it was but I can't remember. My son had Sever's Disease where the muscles and tendons are growing slower than the bones so there is muscle pain. The best thing is Ibuprofen to lessen swelling. Also, massage and Biofreeze or Icy Hot. 

muwchck
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 11:42 PM

Quoting tyfry7496:

Actually, there is no such thing as growing pains, according to the 2 orthopedic doctors and sports medicine doctor and numerous physical therapists I talked to. They told me what it was but I can't remember. My son had Sever's Disease where the muscles and tendons are growing slower than the bones so there is muscle pain. The best thing is Ibuprofen to lessen swelling. Also, massage and Biofreeze or Icy Hot. 

That's why I said "growing pains" in qutations.  That's what we called it when I was a kid, but I know it's actually caused by either over use of the muscles during the day which makes them sore at night, or the muscles and tendons not growing as fast as the bones which causes muscle pain.  I can't remember, or find, what the medical name for that is, but I remember talking to my pediatrician about it when I was younger.  I tried to look it up, but I basically just kept coming up with more websites and news stories about the tv show Growing Pains...lol.

rebmarie90
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 11:46 PM

Quoting muwchck:

Quoting tyfry7496:

That's why I said "growing pains" in qutations.  That's what we called it when I was a kid, but I know it's actually caused by either over use of the muscles during the day which makes them sore at night, or the muscles and tendons not growing as fast as the bones which causes muscle pain.  I can't remember, or find, what the medical name for that is, but I remember talking to my pediatrician about it when I was younger.  I tried to look it up, but I basically just kept coming up with more websites and news stories about the tv show Growing Pains...lol.

Man, I must have been living under a rock! When did this happen? They aren't growing pains? Growing up my parents always told me "growing pains, it will end soon." Makes sense now as to why I feel like I still get them sometimes! 

singlemom1208
by on Dec. 4, 2011 at 9:40 AM

NOT trying to start a war here! I always wondered why I still get growing pains and now I know! Thanks! 

Quoting rebmarie90:

Quoting muwchck:

Quoting tyfry7496:

Man, I must have been living under a rock! When did this happen? They aren't growing pains? Growing up my parents always told me "growing pains, it will end soon." Makes sense now as to why I feel like I still get them sometimes! 

singlemom1208
by on Dec. 4, 2011 at 9:41 AM

DS was back to his old self this AM. Thanks y'all!

KRIZZ25
by on Dec. 4, 2011 at 9:46 AM

crap or Charley horse ..or maybe a bug bit or bad dream ?how old us ur son?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)