Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

No dad or pt dad? Vote

Posted by   + Show Post

Poll

Question: Do you think it is best for a child to have a dad who is in and out at their conveinence but they have someone or no dad

Options:

No dad

A part time dad

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 115

View Results

by on Nov. 20, 2007 at 12:10 PM
Replies (31-33):
Brenda-n-Kaleb
by on Nov. 22, 2007 at 12:02 AM
I voted no dad

Last time I heard from my ex he left a voice mail wanting to see how Kaleb and I were doing and yeah didnt leave a # to call him back at. So I emailed him back telling him if he is serious about wanting to know his son call me and we'll talk. But if you not don't call me until you are because I will not allow you to come in and out of his life as you please because the only one who will get hurt is Kaleb and I will not allow that"

Needless to say I haven't heard from him since and even before that voice mail last time I talked to him really was in may for a short thing about the divorce and then March was the last time Isaw him and the only time he's seen Kaleb
MargaritaD
by on Nov. 23, 2007 at 11:01 AM
I have to say guys that this subject is breaking my heart. My ex-husband has hurt my kids so much and is in and out. My son who is 5y/o is getting harder and harder to deal with, my 6y/o daughter who was a daddy's girl is depressed and my 9 y/o has gotten to the point where she could care less if she ever saw him again...not so much resentment just that she is used to him coming in and out that she doesnt even miss him anymore.  He forgot my middle daughter's birthday last month and I had to sit and comfort her and she asked why daddy wouldnt answer his phone and she wanted her dad and she cried that hurt, down from the soul cry...you know? Like you know she is so crushed inside. I was so mad at him...but I wasnt suprised. It still trips me out that these dads are so selfish and dont care how they are affecting their kids. My ex-husbands dad wasnt around much so he feels since he is at least paying child support, (only because its getting garnished and as soon as he quits this job I wont get anything till he decides to get another one) and seeing them every other saturday, maybe, that thats better than his dad did. NO ITS NOT! I voted No dad is better than a part time whenever its convenient for him dad. Its hurtful to the kids either way though. If he at least stuck to the visitation schedule or involved himself with the kids schooling and life period I wouldnt bitch, but this arrangement and attitude he has is not working for any of us! I loved hearing all your responses too it helps a lot!!
krys22mlc
by on Nov. 23, 2007 at 11:11 AM
my sons father see him once a week and everyother weekend. He took him  yesterday for me because I had to work. His father normally pics him up from daycare but since yesterday was a holiday I had to drive him to there house. As soon as I pulled up my son started screaming "no mom i don't want to go to my daddy's" When I walked him up to the door my son was kicking and screaming. His dad tried to take him then proceeded to tell me "He is always like this when I come to get him" I almost dropped to the ground. I have never know my son put up a fight when he comes to get him. So now I am stuck and dont now what to do. There is a reason he doesnt like going there but I have never seen him with my son. I have always said his dad was a good dad but now I am having second thoughts. So I think now it would have been best if I would have never told his dad I was pregnant. I  think it is just messing with him more then anyhting. My son also has some behavior issues when he comes back but i just thought it was his age(he will be 3 next month). Now I am second guessing myself
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)