Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

This post is a place for us to share advice, questions and personal stories about child custody.

Here are some tips from the moms in this group:

• Put children's needs first
  • Don't talk negatively about the other parent/minimize tension and agression
  • Pick your battles
  • Assure children that both parents love them
  • Be creative with visitation when it comes to friends, activities and holidays

travel

For more help:

Click here to see what Single Moms are discussing on the group today:
Let's Talk! Click here to see more posts...

Please share your best advice for those facing custody issues below!

by on Dec. 22, 2011 at 2:27 PM
Replies (221-230):
Cafe AmyS
by Head Admin on Mar. 19, 2014 at 12:54 PM

group hug

Quoting Dawn480:

hi i have 3 children..and i just filed for full custody for my children a week ago....i try so hard not to get pisted off about my x and the constant lies he has made with this year to judges and police officers

Dawn480
by New Member on Mar. 19, 2014 at 1:01 PM
1 mom liked this

thanxs for hug,i always get hugs from my kids,it good to get other ones

Dawn480
by New Member on Mar. 19, 2014 at 1:04 PM

i have been fighting with this x of my for years and with childsubport and other things,he also has endangerd the welfare of are children buy driving without right id,am i in wrong bring that up in family court

Cafe AmyS
by Head Admin on Mar. 19, 2014 at 1:13 PM

Not at all, I'd bring it up, especially if you have proof or documentation.  I'd also save any texts/recordings from him in case they can be used against him.

Quoting Dawn480:

i have been fighting with this x of my for years and with childsubport and other things,he also has endangerd the welfare of are children buy driving without right id,am i in wrong bring that up in family court

krisnkids
by Silver Member on Mar. 19, 2014 at 1:22 PM

He isn't endangering the lives of the children by driving without a correct id. If he doesn't have a drivers license that is one thing. I don't know if that would even be considered endangerment if he didn't.

Quoting Dawn480:

by New Member on Mar. 24, 2014 at 11:37 PM

hello, such a great chat group.. i am not a single mom, but i have two little ladies and my youngest daughters dad is crazy... she told me some pretty horrifing things about this past weekend, and i will not let her go anymore, we have court for custody (as she has been living with me full time since birth) but he is taking me and i'm going to now bring up what happened at court... i'm sooooo upset, i can't sleep, i can't eat (well i did have veggies and crackers today) but other than that i feel really sick to my stomach... just looking for some loving words..

by New Member on Mar. 24, 2014 at 11:39 PM

also while my daughter was there he told her he was going to blow his brains out, and he not only threatened his life he threatened hers too... its all on a police report, but knowing that she is safe at home with me, i still can't sleep

Quoting 71421:

hello, such a great chat group.. i am not a single mom, but i have two little ladies and my youngest daughters dad is crazy... she told me some pretty horrifing things about this past weekend, and i will not let her go anymore, we have court for custody (as she has been living with me full time since birth) but he is taking me and i'm going to now bring up what happened at court... i'm sooooo upset, i can't sleep, i can't eat (well i did have veggies and crackers today) but other than that i feel really sick to my stomach... just looking for some loving words..

Cafe AmyS
by Head Admin on Mar. 25, 2014 at 12:01 AM

It sounds like going back to court is a good thing.  How scary!

Quoting 71421:

also while my daughter was there he told her he was going to blow his brains out, and he not only threatened his life he threatened hers too... its all on a police report, but knowing that she is safe at home with me, i still can't sleep

Quoting 71421:

by New Member on Mar. 25, 2014 at 12:04 AM

i'm trying to get as much info as possible that i need... i NEVER thought in a million years i would have to go thru this

Quoting Cafe AmyS:

Quoting 71421:

Quoting 71421:

Cafe AmyS
by Head Admin on Mar. 26, 2014 at 10:27 AM

I'm sure you didn't.  :(

Quoting 71421:

i'm trying to get as much info as possible that i need... i NEVER thought in a million years i would have to go thru this

Quoting Cafe AmyS:

Quoting 71421:

Quoting 71421:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)