Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Dating 101

Posted by on Dec. 22, 2011 at 2:36 PM
  • 211 Replies
6 moms liked this

This post is a place for us to share advice, questions and personal stories about dating as a single mom.  

Here are some dating tips from the moms in this group:

• Deciding when it is ok to start dating
  • Introducing the new "someone" to the kids
  • How long to wait before contacting potential partner after 1st date or meeting
  • Internet dating & singles events
  • Make dating fun

in love

For more help:

Click here to see what Single Moms are discussing on the group today:
Let's Talk! Click here to see more posts...

Please share your best dating advice for single mom in the replies below!

by on Dec. 22, 2011 at 2:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
cookie41988
by on Jan. 24, 2012 at 1:56 PM
7 moms liked this

me and the father of my 15 month old daughter have been split for 8 months now and i was wondering everyones opinion if dating is okay yet?

strongToots
by on Jan. 24, 2012 at 1:59 PM
6 moms liked this
I think its okay, its for yourself not the baby :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
1cafemom171
by on Jan. 24, 2012 at 4:38 PM
2 moms liked this

i have been divorced for 1 yrs and 4 months and i have someone else in my life. but we are taking it slow and already in a relationship

shosho08
by on Jan. 24, 2012 at 9:57 PM
35 moms liked this

If you feel like that you can handle dating again go right ahead. Just be careful on who you date. Ive been single for like 2 yrs but the baby father and I just recently stopped talking period. Im just waiting on God to send me someone who bests for me and my daughter.

DARKxXxangel
by on Jan. 24, 2012 at 10:02 PM
8 moms liked this
Only u can tell when u r ready for a new relationship :) if ur not ready u will just be setting urself up for dissapointment.
Lupin
by on Jan. 29, 2012 at 4:25 PM
5 moms liked this

My son is three and I am interested in dating.  I found a couple "green lifestyle" dating websites that feel comfortable.  I do not want to have to pay for this, so It may not go anywhere.  They require a fee to upgrade and actually communicate with men.  Its tough!  I am focusing on career and my son. There really is no time for dating!

kayg3
by on Jan. 30, 2012 at 7:25 AM
1 mom liked this
I've started dating 4 months ago and I met someone who I have been soley see for a month...he's great! Jus not sure whens the best time to bring my children in on the whole thing.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
moma_08
by on Jan. 30, 2012 at 9:38 PM

i havent dated anyone in over a year now and i am wondering if i should go and start looking? i have a 4 yr old son and i don't know if it would be good for him. Should i go out on dates and not bring them home to the child?

aquarius85
by Member on Feb. 6, 2012 at 12:45 AM
18 moms liked this

I have been single for two months now from my ex not my kids father but my kids are 6 and 5...and now I wanna start dating again, but I'm so tired of the losers I have came across  I just wanna meet a good nice guy, why is that so hard to fine.

Jazzmine19
by on Feb. 13, 2012 at 1:57 PM
3 moms liked this

I think its a-okay! if you start dating xxx its been a while since you guys have split &&& ii honestly dont think theres a time limit xxx its whenever you feel as though you're ready to move on xxx

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)