Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

This post is a place for us to share advice, questions and personal stories about dating as a single mom.  

Here are some dating tips from the moms in this group:

• Deciding when it is ok to start dating
  • Introducing the new "someone" to the kids
  • How long to wait before contacting potential partner after 1st date or meeting
  • Internet dating & singles events
  • Make dating fun

in love

For more help:

Click here to see what Single Moms are discussing on the group today:
Let's Talk! Click here to see more posts...

Please share your best dating advice for single mom in the replies below!

by on Dec. 22, 2011 at 2:36 PM
Replies (221-226):
Cafe AmyS
by Head Admin on May. 23, 2014 at 12:07 PM
1 mom liked this

I think I'd just tell him you need to take it slower and not worry about the future right now.

Quoting marii4157:

I have been single for 3 years and i think i found someone weve been dating for 6 months. Hes already talking about the future , what should i do ? im afraid to relive the abusive 7 year relationship i had with my daughters father :(

keera0825
by Member on Jun. 1, 2014 at 2:08 AM

You sound like you're on the right track! 

I've been through such emotional turmoil and have only been able to concentrate on taking care of the girls and just surviving...! ME is the last person on the list and as the girls are getting older I feel more "pushed" to look at ME... 

I'd really like to find someone compatible, at the very least a companion who I can talk to and hang out with.

It would also be great to just find other single mom's to bond and vent with. I think, for many of us, we're probably chasing our tails trying to make ends meet, so it seems difficult finding single mom friends out there 

Quoting ChangingLanes:

I know I am not really ready. My priority is my kids and recently myself (way overdue). After going through so much turmoil & chaos...I need to make ME better for someone new. As for online dating....I tried it recently, in hopes of just finding someone to talk to...they want to move too fast. I am in no hurry and above all I have to consider what is good for my kids.

keera0825
by Member on Jun. 1, 2014 at 2:12 AM

KrisnKids - Definitely agree with your position. How long did it take you to finally get there? I'm scared that I've taken too much time to get into that mode...

Quoting krisnkids:

I was in the same thought for awhile. I am finally happy with myself, my life, where I am at and how my kids have grown up so I was able to start dating again. I don't see any point in dating if you are not in a good spot yourself, you cannot bring problems and chaos into a relationship and expect it to work out.

Quoting ChangingLanes:

I know I am not really ready. My priority is my kids and recently myself (way overdue). After going through so much turmoil & chaos...I need to make ME better for someone new. As for online dating....I tried it recently, in hopes of just finding someone to talk to...they want to move too fast. I am in no hurry and above all I have to consider what is good for my kids.

kelly102587
by New Member on Aug. 4, 2014 at 11:04 PM

My exhusband and I have been seperated for about 3 months now and the divorce has just been completed. Although I feel like I have been alone a lot longer. But, anyways, I have just recently been on my first date. Don't know if it was ok or not, but it felt great. I dont know how things are supposed to go. Wether to date a few people or stay with this guy or what to do. Any advice would be great.

Cafe AmyS
by Head Admin on Aug. 6, 2014 at 1:39 PM

Congrats, I hope you enjoyed yourself! 

If you're ok with dating, then I say go for it!  Do you feel like you want to be exclusive yet or meet a few other people?

Quoting kelly102587:

My exhusband and I have been seperated for about 3 months now and the divorce has just been completed. Although I feel like I have been alone a lot longer. But, anyways, I have just recently been on my first date. Don't know if it was ok or not, but it felt great. I dont know how things are supposed to go. Wether to date a few people or stay with this guy or what to do. Any advice would be great.

trfgirl56701
by Member on Aug. 7, 2014 at 10:51 AM

DH and I have been separated since January and the paperwork hasn't been filed yet so I haven't even thought about dating yet. At this point I want to focus on going back to school to try to get a better paying job to better support DS and myself. I'm actually hoping to eventually put most of the cs into a savings account for DS.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)