Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

This post is a place for us to share advice, questions and personal stories on child support.  

Here are some tips from moms in this group:

• Creating a child support schedule without involving the court
  • Visitation when not receiving child support
  • Receiving child support while on public assistance
  • Employer withholding of child support
  • Collecting past due support payments

fingers crossed

For more help:

Click here to see what Single Moms are discussing on the group today:
Let's Talk! Click here to see more posts...

Please share your best advice for those facing child support issues below!

by on Dec. 22, 2011 at 2:45 PM
Replies (301-305):
randi1978
by Murdoc's Mistress on Mar. 8, 2014 at 9:32 PM

I think it's a lesson many young mothers need to learn: you cannot expect CS to be a consistent source of income.  It can stop at any time, even if you were being paid regularly for years.

I could buy a brand new SUV with what my ex husband owes in arrears.  He has nothing to do with her or me and I'm okay with that (over 7 yrs now).  Better to be left alone than to deal with some of the bull crap I hear from others who deal with vindictive and bitter ex partners.

Quoting Cafe AmyS:

LOL!  That's a good question.  Some of us don't have any choice but to make do without child support.  Some of us make enough at our own jobs that child support is more of a luxury than a necessity and some of us are just really struggling to make ends meet.  

Quoting Liesl80:

How in the heck are all you people raising your kids without child support?  What are you doing that can financially support your lifestyle and be a good (stress managed) parent at the same time?

Willowtb
by New Member on Mar. 9, 2014 at 10:44 PM

Hey ladies I am new here and I really need help. I divorced my ex husband of almost 10 years last July and we have a court ordered child support payment that is supposed to be in play. However we were divorced in Ohio he moved to PA and I moved to FL. He is back in child support $11,000 and I have contacted the Ohio department of child support many times and they keep telling me they are sending out the letters to his job and so on. When I call he he just tells me he is broke. No one seems to be willing enough to help. I am managing well enough on my own but the extra help would be nice to pay for day care ya know. So what do you think my next move should be?

Thanks in advance

Cafe AmyS
by Head Admin on Mar. 10, 2014 at 10:22 AM

I think you should contact your attorney and continue to communicate with the Ohio enforcement agency.

Quoting Willowtb:

Hey ladies I am new here and I really need help. I divorced my ex husband of almost 10 years last July and we have a court ordered child support payment that is supposed to be in play. However we were divorced in Ohio he moved to PA and I moved to FL. He is back in child support $11,000 and I have contacted the Ohio department of child support many times and they keep telling me they are sending out the letters to his job and so on. When I call he he just tells me he is broke. No one seems to be willing enough to help. I am managing well enough on my own but the extra help would be nice to pay for day care ya know. So what do you think my next move should be?

Thanks in advance

Momof4199
by New Member on Mar. 24, 2014 at 11:08 AM

My Ex owes me over $3000 in back support and it keeps going up.... the address he gave the courts is false.. its a run down shack he aint living there.... Plus they had 2 show cause hearings for back support.. the first one he told them we were trying to make a agreement... NOT!! .... and they told him he was suposeto pay $1000 to FOC (Friend of Court) by the 14th ... never happened.. 2nd one he never showed up to .. so now hes in contempt of court.... they have a warrent ready but its not signed by judge yet acording to FOC....

I think this is all BS if you ask me, because they were trying to get me in contempt for a no show visitation violation and him being in Jail that weekend... I also have  PPO out against him and he refuses to tell anyone where he is staying .. but when he takes our son He stays at a friends house.. cause my EX is Homeless..  and making abotu $500 a week .. I know he can RUN at anytime (i know he has money stashed).. he has family everywhere and that scares me.. 

Momof4199
by New Member on Mar. 24, 2014 at 11:11 AM

Prosecuting attorney.. is another one to call and complain.  its a federal offence, to not pay child support... Also if you know his employer I would send them a nice email stating that is they didnt comply with the court order it is a federal offense and they them selves can get in serious trouble.. for not following a court order..

Quoting Willowtb:

Thanks in advance

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)