Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

This post is a place for us to share advice, questions and personal stories on child support.  

Here are some tips from moms in this group:

• Creating a child support schedule without involving the court
  • Visitation when not receiving child support
  • Receiving child support while on public assistance
  • Employer withholding of child support
  • Collecting past due support payments

fingers crossed

For more help:

Click here to see what Single Moms are discussing on the group today:
Let's Talk! Click here to see more posts...

Please share your best advice for those facing child support issues below!

by on Dec. 22, 2011 at 2:45 PM
Replies (191-200):
Claudrami
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 2:33 AM

If child support is garnished from his check for years now, but I have not seen a payment since October, what should I do? What is the next step I need to take? He is still employed.

victoriangavin
by Member on Dec. 20, 2012 at 12:06 AM
I'm also new to this and am in a similar situation with my son's father.... The girl he cheated on me with is pregnant with his child and he claims her daughter but won't acknowledge our son's existence..... I watched my ex's facebook and let the DA's office know where he started working.... Give them any info you can and they will be more willing to help you... Call and check on your case if need be.... And your better off without a cheater

Quoting capemom2011:

I'm new to all of this. I just applied for child support, sent in all the papers, etc. but haven't heard anything. What is the next step? Should I get a lawyer? On top of it all, turns out my sons 'father' was cheating on me while I was pregnant and just had another baby with that woman!!

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Cafe AmyS
by Head Admin on Dec. 21, 2012 at 2:13 PM
1 mom liked this

Welcome!  You need to talk to child support enforcement to find out why the payments are being held rather than sent on to you.

Quoting Claudrami:

If child support is garnished from his check for years now, but I have not seen a payment since October, what should I do? What is the next step I need to take? He is still employed.

Brittney1992
by on Dec. 27, 2012 at 5:00 PM

I need advice because I am 20 year old soon to be mom and I do not know how to start going after her father for child support because for 1 I do not have all his info and 2 he is in another state but I do want to get him for child support. Any advice would be appreciated

jsevke
by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 9:44 AM

how that this child support work? is my first time doing this , i have work  next month i dnt knw what to take informaqtion or what would happen, they told me is a paternity court.

mommyecr3
by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 9:59 AM

Hello. I'm wondering if child support can be enforced immediately after filing for divorce - not waiting for the final date of the divorce?

Cafe AmyS
by Head Admin on Dec. 31, 2012 at 1:01 PM

Welcome!  You can talk to an attorney or an advocate at your department of social services to get started.

Quoting Brittney1992:

I need advice because I am 20 year old soon to be mom and I do not know how to start going after her father for child support because for 1 I do not have all his info and 2 he is in another state but I do want to get him for child support. Any advice would be appreciated

Cafe AmyS
by Head Admin on Dec. 31, 2012 at 1:02 PM

You'll want to take your child's birth certificate, social security card and proof of paternity if the father isn't on the birth certificate.

Quoting jsevke:

how that this child support work? is my first time doing this , i have work  next month i dnt knw what to take informaqtion or what would happen, they told me is a paternity court.

Cafe AmyS
by Head Admin on Dec. 31, 2012 at 1:03 PM

Welcome!  I'm not sure if it can be enforced prior to the divorce, but back support can be claimed once the divorce has been finalized.

Quoting mommyecr3:

Hello. I'm wondering if child support can be enforced immediately after filing for divorce - not waiting for the final date of the divorce?

AmbitiousMomma
by Member on Dec. 31, 2012 at 1:15 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Cafe AmyS:

This post is a place for us to share advice, questions and personal stories on child support.  

Here are some tips from moms in this group:

• Creating a child support schedule without involving the court
  • Visitation when not receiving child support
  • Receiving child support while on public assistance
  • Employer withholding of child support
  • Collecting past due support payments

fingers crossed

For more help:

Click here to see what Single Moms are discussing on the group today:
Let's Talk! Click here to see more posts...

Please share your best advice for those facing child support issues below!

It really depends of the father and the relationship you two have after the spilt but 9 out of 10 times it's best to just go through the courts.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)