Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

This post is a place for us to share advice, questions and personal stories on child support.  

Here are some tips from moms in this group:

• Creating a child support schedule without involving the court
  • Visitation when not receiving child support
  • Receiving child support while on public assistance
  • Employer withholding of child support
  • Collecting past due support payments

fingers crossed

For more help:

Click here to see what Single Moms are discussing on the group today:
Let's Talk! Click here to see more posts...

Please share your best advice for those facing child support issues below!

by on Dec. 22, 2011 at 2:45 PM
Replies (21-30):
ae2011
by on Jan. 16, 2012 at 3:11 PM
I'm SOL on child support, I finally got the paperwork for it and he is supposed to pay me 149 a month....then he got arrested and has been in jail ever since. No money for me :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ae2011
by on Jan. 16, 2012 at 3:20 PM
I have this same problem, my son is 3 months. His dad lives 6 hours away from us and he's threatening to take the baby because I wont let him live with me. I live in low income housing, he's not allowed to live with me. But the only difference is... he's not on the birth certificate. He has no proof that he is the father. We both know he is, but he's not on the birth certificate and he keeps saying he's going to take me to court and that if I move without telling him he will hunt me down and find me and he promises that I'll lose the baby

Quoting adinsmommy95:

Hi,

Well i have a 4 month old and am a single mom the dad keeps threatening to take me to court to take my son away. What i wanted to know is if he can really do that. I am a stay at home mom, am the only one taking care of him. The dad helps me but only with what i ask him for. other than that its only me, he doesnt like my ,family and doesnt want anyone else taking care of him or holding him let alone around my son. according to him my baby doesnt have cousins or aunts or uncles, he only wants his family and friends around my son. I stay h0ome and care for the baby on my own and dont even go out in fear. I dont know what to do and its driving me insane am afraid he will take my baby away. if anyone knows what i can do please help me.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ae2011
by on Jan. 16, 2012 at 3:21 PM
FYI: yes I posted twice here, the guy in jail is my daughters father and the one threatening me is my sons father
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
txangelco84
by on Jan. 16, 2012 at 7:54 PM

Quoting Cafe AmyS:

You may need to contact your lawyer or the courts to have child support enforced.

Quoting txangelco84:

If there is a court order on child support, how do I make someone make him pay child support?

He doesnt have a job, so he isnt in the system. I know which city and state he lives in, but can not get a current address.. I can get one but wont put on here how I get it... Though the court says that cant "find" him so there is nothing they can do.

txangelco84
by on Jan. 16, 2012 at 8:00 PM

Quoting Riah0923:

I'm not sure how other states work, but I'm in Colorado. My ex is on child support due to me needing daycare assistance and he has not paid even a dime of it! You cant really have anyone "make" them pay but they go through a process to get money from them and show them it's a serious matter. They start taking it directly out of their paychecks (if they have a job) if not they go to their taxes (if they have any once again), Put a hold on their drivers license and then last they summons them to court to pled guilty or not guilty and then the judge decides wheather or not they get a second chance or they go to jail. I think the process is screwed up in a way but what can I do about it. I figure if he pays he pays and that will seriously help me out with my 2 boys and if not, I've been doin for this long so it's not really changing anything!!

Quoting txangelco84:

If there is a court order on child support, how do I make someone make him pay child support?

He doesnt have a job, and they dont have a current address or telephone number for him. So my case worker for child support says there is nothing they can do. It just sucks that there is nothing I can do to get him to pay child support.

Kat31
by Member on Jan. 17, 2012 at 1:16 PM

When the support order was granted during the divorce, my ex-husband was ordered to pay $88 a month. He worked a crappy job, but still I calculated it should have been about $200. Anyway, he has a much better job now and should probably be paying $400ish. But the enforcement worker said I either had to take it back to court with a private attorney or it would be another couple years before they review my case.

Riah0923
by on Jan. 18, 2012 at 5:02 PM

I just think that is crap, there has to be something they can do. Do you have any info about him if not address or number, what about a social security number? That way they can def. find him and wheather he moves or changes numbers no matter what it's always going to link back to him if he uses his social security number!

Quoting txangelco84:

Quoting Riah0923:

I'm not sure how other states work, but I'm in Colorado. My ex is on child support due to me needing daycare assistance and he has not paid even a dime of it! You cant really have anyone "make" them pay but they go through a process to get money from them and show them it's a serious matter. They start taking it directly out of their paychecks (if they have a job) if not they go to their taxes (if they have any once again), Put a hold on their drivers license and then last they summons them to court to pled guilty or not guilty and then the judge decides wheather or not they get a second chance or they go to jail. I think the process is screwed up in a way but what can I do about it. I figure if he pays he pays and that will seriously help me out with my 2 boys and if not, I've been doin for this long so it's not really changing anything!!

Quoting txangelco84:

He doesnt have a job, and they dont have a current address or telephone number for him. So my case worker for child support says there is nothing they can do. It just sucks that there is nothing I can do to get him to pay child support.

txangelco84
by on Jan. 18, 2012 at 7:49 PM

Quoting Riah0923:

I just think that is crap, there has to be something they can do. Do you have any info about him if not address or number, what about a social security number? That way they can def. find him and wheather he moves or changes numbers no matter what it's always going to link back to him if he uses his social security number!

Quoting txangelco84:

Quoting Riah0923:

Quoting txangelco84:

I have given them name, SSN, date of birth, photo ID, city and state of last known where abouts( he blocked me from facebook, but had a friend check on that he is out of state), scars, info on two screws in his ancle(the screws are incripted with a code), And my child support case worker still said that he is unfindable. Which to me just tells me they dont want to look for him. His SSN doesnt ring up a job on him. So I dont know what to do.

3sablessing
by on Jan. 26, 2012 at 12:20 AM

The father of my 2 older children doent pay his child support either. I have contacted the attorneys office and asked what i could do and they told me i couldnt do anything to make him pay unless i took him to court. The law here in texas is that if he hasnt made a payment within 6 months, call and report it and they will suspend his license, he couldnt get a hunting or fishing license, they would intercept his income tax when he files and send what he owes to me, and they would issue a warrant for his arrest. The only advice i can give his be persistant and stay on their butts. Because if you dont they wont do anything about it.

DaijahsMama
by on Feb. 1, 2012 at 11:21 PM

how does a father pay child support if he isn't employed? And he's not on the BC so we need a paternity test done i believe. How long will it take to get the support my daughter needs?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN