Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

This post is a place for us to share advice, questions and personal stories on child support.  

Here are some tips from moms in this group:

• Creating a child support schedule without involving the court
  • Visitation when not receiving child support
  • Receiving child support while on public assistance
  • Employer withholding of child support
  • Collecting past due support payments

fingers crossed

For more help:

Click here to see what Single Moms are discussing on the group today:
Let's Talk! Click here to see more posts...

Please share your best advice for those facing child support issues below!

by on Dec. 22, 2011 at 2:45 PM
Replies (211-220):
MommaPanda3
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 3:22 PM
My daughter father is from mexico so he has no papers, I was wondering if I could still get child support? He wants his days, but I don't want my bby going to his house alone. He told me tht he was going to take her away from me to make me suffer. She's only 15 months. I wish I cld jst erase him from my life. He always says negative things tht dnt even matter right now. And always gets angry at me for the smallest things.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Cafe AmyS
by Head Admin on Feb. 8, 2013 at 8:45 PM
1 mom liked this

I think, since he's threatening to take your daughter (and likely he could easily flee back to Mexico with her) that you need to file an order for emergency custody as well as request child support.

Quoting MommaPanda3:

My daughter father is from mexico so he has no papers, I was wondering if I could still get child support? He wants his days, but I don't want my bby going to his house alone. He told me tht he was going to take her away from me to make me suffer. She's only 15 months. I wish I cld jst erase him from my life. He always says negative things tht dnt even matter right now. And always gets angry at me for the smallest things.

EachNewBreath
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 6:49 AM

the child support case is there but I need to turn in some paperwork, will it effect us getting his tax return?

Cafe AmyS
by Head Admin on Feb. 10, 2013 at 1:30 PM
1 mom liked this

I don't know if it will or not, but you should talk to your attorney.

Quoting EachNewBreath:

the child support case is there but I need to turn in some paperwork, will it effect us getting his tax return?

brandy0712
by New Member on Mar. 5, 2013 at 3:51 PM

My daughter got pregnant at 16 by a man who is 20 and collecting SSI plus on welfare go figure because he is Bi-Polor and messed up in the head..She said that the child support office told her she can't get any child support from him because it is SSI has anyone dealt with this issue in Georgia??? I have to help support my grandson because she is in high school and no job. I need some advice.

Cafe AmyS
by Head Admin on Mar. 6, 2013 at 1:14 PM

I'm not entirely sure how SSI works but I would make sure you/she has an attorney.  Also, you may be able to press charges against him for statutory rape because of their age differences.

Quoting brandy0712:

My daughter got pregnant at 16 by a man who is 20 and collecting SSI plus on welfare go figure because he is Bi-Polor and messed up in the head..She said that the child support office told her she can't get any child support from him because it is SSI has anyone dealt with this issue in Georgia??? I have to help support my grandson because she is in high school and no job. I need some advice.

Thebestson36
by on Mar. 7, 2013 at 9:55 AM

I have not received my child support in three months. I was told that he Is working, but still no payment! We do have a court order. He is behind 4,200! I don't know what else to do. I would really hate it, if we had to go to court over this! My son's father and I have no kind of relationship. We do not talk. He hardly EVER sees my son. I am just so fed up with all of this.

Cafe AmyS
by Head Admin on Mar. 8, 2013 at 4:36 PM

Have you contacted child support enforcement?

Quoting Thebestson36:

I have not received my child support in three months. I was told that he Is working, but still no payment! We do have a court order. He is behind 4,200! I don't know what else to do. I would really hate it, if we had to go to court over this! My son's father and I have no kind of relationship. We do not talk. He hardly EVER sees my son. I am just so fed up with all of this.

sunnygrlck
by on Mar. 27, 2013 at 10:03 AM
1 mom liked this

My ex did tooo....as per HIS attorney. Now he doesn't work....his new wife stabbed him in the leg and I am not sure he is ever going to go back to a real job again. Meanwhile my dd suffers. As much as I wish I could be home with her all the time...it is a good thing that I have always worked and supported her and myself. Never depended on him.

dancermom9
by on Mar. 29, 2013 at 8:17 PM

i am pregnant and want to put my bd on child support. set up something before baby is born in may? what cn i do? i seriously have no idea on who to call or what to do?!

he also works at clubs at night and sometimes gets paid under the table. what will i have to do about that. he just got put on child support for his two other kids. he was payig her everyweekbefore. so i feel like he will cooperate. im not sure though i still want to put him on cs!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)