Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

This post is a place for us to share advice, questions and personal stories on child support.  

Here are some tips from moms in this group:

• Creating a child support schedule without involving the court
  • Visitation when not receiving child support
  • Receiving child support while on public assistance
  • Employer withholding of child support
  • Collecting past due support payments

fingers crossed

For more help:

Click here to see what Single Moms are discussing on the group today:
Let's Talk! Click here to see more posts...

Please share your best advice for those facing child support issues below!

by on Dec. 22, 2011 at 2:45 PM
Replies (221-230):
brieri
by on Mar. 29, 2013 at 8:40 PM

Quoting dancermom9:

i am pregnant and want to put my bd on child support. set up something before baby is born in may? what cn i do? i seriously have no idea on who to call or what to do?!

he also works at clubs at night and sometimes gets paid under the table. what will i have to do about that. he just got put on child support for his two other kids. he was payig her everyweekbefore. so i feel like he will cooperate. im not sure though i still want to put him on cs!

Hi dancermom3 welcome to the group.

It is possible that you cannot do  anything til after the baby is born. If you are planning on not having the bd on the b/c, then you will need to have paternity established first.  If he's going to be at the hospital, then he will need to sign the b/c as well.  Contact an attorney for either situation, to establish c/s.

dancermom9
by on Mar. 29, 2013 at 10:28 PM
i do want him to be on the b/c as father because he is. so i have to wait until he signs the b/c to be able to put him on child support? like after the babys birth? do i HAVE to get an attorney to guide me with putting him on c/s?
brieri
by on Mar. 29, 2013 at 11:04 PM

Quoting dancermom9:

i do want him to be on the b/c as father because he is. so i have to wait until he signs the b/c to be able to put him on child support? like after the babys birth? do i HAVE to get an attorney to guide me with putting him on c/s?

Yes, you do have to wait  til the baby's birth, no not  necessarily having him on the b/c to get c/s, but you do have to have a paternity test if you don't have him on the b/c, to establish c/s.  Unlless you know how to go about filing c/s on your own and know the rules, you don't have to have an attorney.  Having one can guide you through the process.

dancermom9
by on Mar. 30, 2013 at 12:07 AM

ok i see. thank you. i just feel bad if i hire an attorney. i still have love for him so its hard. do you know if i can work out custody the same courtdate as childsupport date?

if there is anyone else who knows who to call or anything please reply!

brieri
by on Mar. 30, 2013 at 12:22 AM

Quoting dancermom9:

ok i see. thank you. i just feel bad if i hire an attorney. i still have love for him so its hard. do you know if i can work out custody the same courtdate as childsupport date?

if there is anyone else who knows who to call or anything please reply!

I don't know the answer.  Best to talk to an attorney.  However, you are free to visit our regular forum here in the Single moms group with plenty of other moms who might give you an answer.

Our Top admin  (Cafe Amy) who repiies here, will not be back til tomorrow and she may not get back til Monday.

I fill in whenever possilbe as I am a Moderatorfor the group.

dancermom9
by on Mar. 30, 2013 at 12:40 AM
1 mom liked this

ok i im going to talk to an attorney for advice. thank you. so you ladies reply to every single post? wow thats a bunch of replys. i really like this website. i have alaready gotten so much support from women i dont even know. it feels nice to get advice from strangers.

mamaburns30
by on Mar. 31, 2013 at 11:13 AM

SoI am new to here and alooking for more detailed informatin on the inner workings of the child support system. I have been caught in a loophole in child suport for about 6 years and am having no luck collecting support from the father of m 2 children. If you don't mnd reading, here is a bit of the back story.

support orders were established for both of our children. He never paid, so child support set up to have payments automaticly taken from his employer. He  is a bartender and gets paid tips, so I got nothing that way either. CS set up to have the funds taken from his bank account every month, but he just doesn't deposit any money in his account until after the date CS is to be taken out (they cannot take it if it's not there). He is out of state, so any action taken is only in Ohio, he is in Indiana. His license has been suspended for 2 years, but that doesn't apply to his Indiana drivers license, only Ohio. He even had a capius at one point, but they will not pick him up in Indiana for an Ohio bench warrant. I attempted to set up an interstate case, so that Indiana could enforce, but it was rejected due to the fact that he made ONE payment of $50 in 3 months. He is curently in excess of $17,000 behind and I am desperate!!! I can file a motion with the Juevenile court, but it costs $45. I cannot afford that right now and legal aid wll not take my case. Is there ANYTHING I can do??

Cafe AmyS
by Head Admin on Mar. 31, 2013 at 3:38 PM

Sounds like you need to pay the money and file the motion.  Can you borrow it?  Take out a small loan from your employer?  Seems to me it's well worth doing.

Quoting mamaburns30:

SoI am new to here and alooking for more detailed informatin on the inner workings of the child support system. I have been caught in a loophole in child suport for about 6 years and am having no luck collecting support from the father of m 2 children. If you don't mnd reading, here is a bit of the back story.

support orders were established for both of our children. He never paid, so child support set up to have payments automaticly taken from his employer. He  is a bartender and gets paid tips, so I got nothing that way either. CS set up to have the funds taken from his bank account every month, but he just doesn't deposit any money in his account until after the date CS is to be taken out (they cannot take it if it's not there). He is out of state, so any action taken is only in Ohio, he is in Indiana. His license has been suspended for 2 years, but that doesn't apply to his Indiana drivers license, only Ohio. He even had a capius at one point, but they will not pick him up in Indiana for an Ohio bench warrant. I attempted to set up an interstate case, so that Indiana could enforce, but it was rejected due to the fact that he made ONE payment of $50 in 3 months. He is curently in excess of $17,000 behind and I am desperate!!! I can file a motion with the Juevenile court, but it costs $45. I cannot afford that right now and legal aid wll not take my case. Is there ANYTHING I can do??

capricorn640
by on Apr. 28, 2013 at 11:05 PM

Im going through the same thing and i am having a hard time dealing with the fact that my son's father do not wanna be apart of his life. he do not call or come see him. when ever i ask for anything for my son there is always an excuse.  my baby is 5 months and his father only came around about 6 times. so i know he do not want anything to do with him. but i think it is very important for a lil boy to know his dad. i dnt know how to say f*** him and move on. i need advice. 

Cafe AmyS
by Head Admin on May. 1, 2013 at 4:00 PM

Unfortunately you can't force him to be a dad if he doesn't want to.  Instead, focus on what you can do for your son and try not to worry about what you can't, or what his dad won't, do.

Quoting capricorn640:

Im going through the same thing and i am having a hard time dealing with the fact that my son's father do not wanna be apart of his life. he do not call or come see him. when ever i ask for anything for my son there is always an excuse.  my baby is 5 months and his father only came around about 6 times. so i know he do not want anything to do with him. but i think it is very important for a lil boy to know his dad. i dnt know how to say f*** him and move on. i need advice. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)