Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

This post is a place for us to share advice, questions and personal stories on child support.  

Here are some tips from moms in this group:

• Creating a child support schedule without involving the court
  • Visitation when not receiving child support
  • Receiving child support while on public assistance
  • Employer withholding of child support
  • Collecting past due support payments

fingers crossed

For more help:

Click here to see what Single Moms are discussing on the group today:
Let's Talk! Click here to see more posts...

Please share your best advice for those facing child support issues below!

by on Dec. 22, 2011 at 2:45 PM
Replies (231-240):
nmpathak79
by on May. 13, 2013 at 2:39 AM

Hello Everyone,

My question to you all is, in my case, there was a previous court order in place,  that my ex's any future bonuses that he'll receive from his company will be counted towards the child support that he is paying me right now. But when i saw the final judgement that clause was removed and i got tricked by his attorney and my signature were already taken since I didnt have any representation at that time.  What should I be doing and what reason should I give to set aside the judgement? I have hired an attorney and have to submit a declaration showing the cause to set aside the judgement? Please advice...has anyone gone through this kinda situation?? we are sharing 50-50 custody of our 4 yr old son.

fpetredis
by on May. 14, 2013 at 12:21 PM

Having issues with this right now.  Filled for child support last week. My baby father filled for sol cousity on May 4th.  I offer visitation.  If it isn't what he want on his terms he and his family make me feel like the bad guy.  I wan to communicate through email only.  That isn't good for him... Its been a crazy month. And to top that off He walked out on me and my daughter.  omg....

texasjen
by on May. 14, 2013 at 1:54 PM
1 mom liked this

My ex husband purposly, does not get up and go to work every day just because he does not want the state to take his child support out of his check, he rather gather scrap and buy/sell/trade under the table..... now there is a role model for you ... Lord help me and my kids

Lotsabeans
by on May. 16, 2013 at 8:08 PM
If he tries to take the baby, you can call the police. Since they don't know who is in the right when they arrive, they will take a statement from each of you and no one will be allowed to leave with he baby. In the meantime, it sounds like you are in a controlling relationship - and that is a form of abuse. I suggest you call the national domestic violence hotline, even if it sounds extreme - it is anonymous and you will get some good advice at no cost.

Quoting adinsmommy95:

Hi,

Well i have a 4 month old and am a single mom the dad keeps threatening to take me to court to take my son away. What i wanted to know is if he can really do that. I am a stay at home mom, am the only one taking care of him. The dad helps me but only with what i ask him for. other than that its only me, he doesnt like my ,family and doesnt want anyone else taking care of him or holding him let alone around my son. according to him my baby doesnt have cousins or aunts or uncles, he only wants his family and friends around my son. I stay h0ome and care for the baby on my own and dont even go out in fear. I dont know what to do and its driving me insane am afraid he will take my baby away. if anyone knows what i can do please help me.

misstasha1982
by on May. 16, 2013 at 11:34 PM

Hello Im struggling and my daughters dad wont get a job but he is getting married next montn and shes employed, not sure if that will even make any difference. Another thing I have full custody and i actually asked her if they could help like 150 a month and she was snotty about basically not helping so I told her they wont be seeing my daughter. was I wrong?

Cafe AmyS
by Head Admin on May. 18, 2013 at 3:57 PM

It sounds like you're taking all of the necessary steps.  What advice has your attorney given you?

Quoting nmpathak79:

Hello Everyone,

My question to you all is, in my case, there was a previous court order in place,  that my ex's any future bonuses that he'll receive from his company will be counted towards the child support that he is paying me right now. But when i saw the final judgement that clause was removed and i got tricked by his attorney and my signature were already taken since I didnt have any representation at that time.  What should I be doing and what reason should I give to set aside the judgement? I have hired an attorney and have to submit a declaration showing the cause to set aside the judgement? Please advice...has anyone gone through this kinda situation?? we are sharing 50-50 custody of our 4 yr old son.

Cafe AmyS
by Head Admin on May. 18, 2013 at 3:57 PM

Good luck!

Quoting fpetredis:

Having issues with this right now.  Filled for child support last week. My baby father filled for sol cousity on May 4th.  I offer visitation.  If it isn't what he want on his terms he and his family make me feel like the bad guy.  I wan to communicate through email only.  That isn't good for him... Its been a crazy month. And to top that off He walked out on me and my daughter.  omg....

Cafe AmyS
by Head Admin on May. 18, 2013 at 3:58 PM

Ugh... I'm so sorry that he's being such a "winner" when it comes to taking care of his child.  Can you talk to an attorney about your suspicions about his employment or lack thereof?

Quoting texasjen:

My ex husband purposly, does not get up and go to work every day just because he does not want the state to take his child support out of his check, he rather gather scrap and buy/sell/trade under the table..... now there is a role model for you ... Lord help me and my kids

Cafe AmyS
by Head Admin on May. 18, 2013 at 3:59 PM

Hi!

I don't believe the status of his new wife's employment will make any difference.  However, I also don't believe that you can withhold visitation based on whether or not he's paying child support.  You should talk to an attorney about these issues.

Quoting misstasha1982:

Hello Im struggling and my daughters dad wont get a job but he is getting married next montn and shes employed, not sure if that will even make any difference. Another thing I have full custody and i actually asked her if they could help like 150 a month and she was snotty about basically not helping so I told her they wont be seeing my daughter. was I wrong?

texasjen
by on May. 20, 2013 at 10:14 AM

I dont bother- I am doing what I can to raise and support our children. If he wants to lead a useless life - that's his choice. I am showing my kids how to be an adult and take care of priories. Unlike him

Quoting Cafe AmyS:

Ugh... I'm so sorry that he's being such a "winner" when it comes to taking care of his child.  Can you talk to an attorney about your suspicions about his employment or lack thereof?

Quoting texasjen:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)