Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

This post is a place for us to share advice, questions and personal stories on child support.  

Here are some tips from moms in this group:

• Creating a child support schedule without involving the court
  • Visitation when not receiving child support
  • Receiving child support while on public assistance
  • Employer withholding of child support
  • Collecting past due support payments

fingers crossed

For more help:

Click here to see what Single Moms are discussing on the group today:
Let's Talk! Click here to see more posts...

Please share your best advice for those facing child support issues below!

by on Dec. 22, 2011 at 2:45 PM
Replies (31-40):
ivettek
by on Feb. 5, 2012 at 7:19 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm taking my husband to court. I have tried for months to let him give me support for our three kids. I've tried being nice but he has taken me for grant.The kids and I have suffered but no more. I thought it would be good to stay out of court but some people you have to be mean to because they forget their family and think only of themselves but not anymore he will have to acknowledge his kids one way or other
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Nikitta74
by on Feb. 5, 2012 at 8:46 PM

I really need help with getting my ex on child support, i'll been trying for 3 years now , but i can't seem to find a good child support place. If anybody know any good ones please help me!

mrsary
by Silver Member on Feb. 6, 2012 at 4:13 AM
Call and report it to who??

Quoting 3sablessing:

The father of my 2 older children doent pay his child support either. I have contacted the attorneys office and asked what i could do and they told me i couldnt do anything to make him pay unless i took him to court. The law here in texas is that if he hasnt made a payment within 6 months, call and report it and they will suspend his license, he couldnt get a hunting or fishing license, they would intercept his income tax when he files and send what he owes to me, and they would issue a warrant for his arrest. The only advice i can give his be persistant and stay on their butts. Because if you dont they wont do anything about it.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LillyJanesMom28
by on Feb. 6, 2012 at 2:05 PM

How long does it typically take to start getting child support? I filed with the state three months ago. I had all the information about me ex they requested.

LillyJanesMom28
by on Feb. 6, 2012 at 2:07 PM

Fill out paperwork through your state's child support services.

Kat31
by Member on Feb. 6, 2012 at 2:27 PM
Well, apparently that $88 is too much for him to handle, because I haven't even received any since Nov. Bleh....I give up...

Quoting Kat31:

When
the support order was granted during the divorce, my ex-husband was
ordered to pay $88 a month. He worked a crappy job, but still I
calculated it should have been about $200. Anyway, he has a much better
job now and should probably be paying $400ish. But the enforcement
worker said I either had to take it back to court with a private
attorney or it would be another couple years before they review my case.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Tate34
by on Feb. 6, 2012 at 8:06 PM

My state is not doing anything on my case. How do I get movement on this case. It is now an innerstate case because he moved out of state. He is just one state over. He is over 50,000 in debt to child support. I am tired of calling and getting absolutely no where. I also want to get sole custody. He is no good. An alcoholic has four kids and refused to have a relationship with the other three kids

Srae21
by on Feb. 7, 2012 at 2:40 PM

Dealing with interstate child support, how long has it taken others to get the paternity established? I filed 2 years ago. In june of 2011, they finally sent a summons for him to contest, was supposed to be changed within 90 days and still nothing. So just wondering what others in this same situation have experienced

ans11950
by on Feb. 7, 2012 at 6:06 PM

So, I am currently six months pregnant and I found out my child's father has been trying to meet up with other women. Not sure if he actually has or not, but in my mind trying is the same as doing. Well anyways, this is my first child, but he has two other children with two other women. He currently pays child support for them, he is a little behind on birthing costs ect. but he is current with his child support. After child support is taken out of his checks and taxes there is barely enough for him to live off of. Also, he has been threatening me if I would try to put him on child support. Since he is paying two other child support cases would the amount I get even be worth the arguing?

flprincessmom
by Bronze Member on Feb. 7, 2012 at 7:44 PM

Quoting ans11950:

So, I am currently six months pregnant and I found out my child's father has been trying to meet up with other women. Not sure if he actually has or not, but in my mind trying is the same as doing. Well anyways, this is my first child, but he has two other children with two other women. He currently pays child support for them, he is a little behind on birthing costs ect. but he is current with his child support. After child support is taken out of his checks and taxes there is barely enough for him to live off of. Also, he has been threatening me if I would try to put him on child support. Since he is paying two other child support cases would the amount I get even be worth the arguing?

Both of my kids sperm donors have older kids that are on child support.....I went for it anyway cuz you can always petition the court to modify it if he is making more or less for him to afford (they will only take enough so that he is not to live under a certain poverty level)..they will adjust it..this way even if its only a couple of bucks a month, at least you have an order established to modify...they look at his income after the order before yours to determine how much you get...

mom 2 a Princess Diva..<3wearing crown

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN