Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Separation & Divorce 101

Posted by on Dec. 22, 2011 at 2:54 PM
  • 228 Replies
9 moms liked this

This post is a place for us to share advice, questions and personal stories about separation and divorce.  

Here are some topics that have been discussed in this group:

• Deciding to relocate after divorce
  • Remaining friends after the break-up
  • Meeting the ex's new partner
  • Assuring the children that they are not the cause of the break-up
  • Mediation

fingers crossed

For more help:

Click here to see what Single Moms are discussing on the group today:
Let's Talk! Click here to see more posts...

Please share your best advice for those going through a divorce or separation in the replies below.

by on Dec. 22, 2011 at 2:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
slurp
by on Dec. 28, 2011 at 9:18 AM
2 moms liked this

Separated now for a year and going to be going through a divorce in 2012 after being married for 26 yrs. I have a 9 year old daughter and I'm concerned of her well being. It's all scary for me.

jlday
by on Dec. 29, 2011 at 4:37 PM
1 mom liked this

Im in the same boat with the upcoming divorce after 20 year relationship, last 10 married...I have 3 children, all boys, 2 have special needs (autism), I am currently dating a really good guy but not sure if i'll ever completely get over the kids dad - mostly due to traumatic ending...Im just sad sometimes...

SassySingle
by on Feb. 17, 2012 at 11:55 PM
1 mom liked this

Hi Single Moms!

I have a new blog http://www.sassysinglemoms.com/ and just published a book available on Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Dstripbooks&field-keywords=angel+on+a+747&x=14&y=13

I think you'll agree that it's very inspiring and it's also very reasonable priced.

I look forward to connecting with you!

Proudmomtov
by on Feb. 18, 2012 at 9:05 AM
1 mom liked this

Mother of a two year old, separated from my husband since my son's birth. Right now i am on job hunt, after i get settled, i plan to proceed woth divorce. right now am in deep &*(), I feel really nervous and scared, i look like the ghost of what I was 2 years back.................

marcyq
by on Feb. 20, 2012 at 5:16 PM

I just celebrated my 17th anniversary, alone!!! My husband filed for divorce the end of January. So here I am starting over again with 4 year old twins, a 20 year old son and a grand daughter coming in a few weeks.

Em222
by on Feb. 25, 2012 at 6:40 AM
2 moms liked this

I am single mom with twins . My partner and i separated 4 years ago  twins were 2 yers old....

Chrissybug
by on Feb. 29, 2012 at 1:08 PM
3 moms liked this

I am lost...my husband just told me he doesn't love me anymore and wants a divorce :( I am a stay-at-home mom (I do work 2 days a week) but now I have to figure out how to pay for everything! I want to stay in my home since it is all my 3 yr old daughter knows and I don't really have anywhere else to go. I want this to be as amicable as possible but I don't want to get screwed either. I feel so hurt and saw a comment he made to a girl that we went to high school with that he wished he hadn't wasted 7 yrs of his life (except for his daughter). Its getting so hard to be nice!! I was just about to start nursing school and now I can't and have to wait at least 2 yrs for my daughter to go to school...

hubbathered
by on Mar. 7, 2012 at 6:59 PM
2 moms liked this

I'm so sorry. I can't imagine what you must be feeling. Do you know there are a TON of scholarships for single moms? You may be able to go to school after all. Don't give up your dream. You may be poor for a little while, but you should make enough in student aid to manage while you get your degree. You may also be eligible for state aid. Don't forget about alimony and child support. I'm getting ready to go through a divorce myself. Ironically, my soon-to be ex- husband just graduated from nursing school.

MickieM
by on Mar. 12, 2012 at 1:23 PM

S2BX went on a trip to TX & announced that he doesn't love me anymore and he wants a divorce. Apparently everyone but me saw this coming.We've been together over 20 years and would have been married 17 this May. I supported the family for 3 years when he was laid off and doing temp work, now he's had a full time job for 2 years and I lost my job last April. So here I am in MI with no job, over qualified for most of the jobs available with no degree and no way to go back to school. OD's birthday is coming up Easter weekend, but my parents and sister want nothing to do with him. In fact both my sister and college roommate said they wanted to kill him and I'm not sure they were joking. We are still living in the same house because neither one of us has any where else to go, plus all the utilities are in his name and I'm afraid if I kick him out he'll turn them off. He also has pictures of the house taken about a month after I lost my job. I was so depressed that the house was a complete disaster and says if I fight him he'll make sure I never get to see the kids even though he's said he doen't want them full time. I've gotten past sad & up to pissed off but I'm not sure where to go from here.

Cafe AmyS
by Head Admin on Mar. 12, 2012 at 2:35 PM

hugs

Quoting MickieM:

S2BX went on a trip to TX & announced that he doesn't love me anymore and he wants a divorce. Apparently everyone but me saw this coming.We've been together over 20 years and would have been married 17 this May. I supported the family for 3 years when he was laid off and doing temp work, now he's had a full time job for 2 years and I lost my job last April. So here I am in MI with no job, over qualified for most of the jobs available with no degree and no way to go back to school. OD's birthday is coming up Easter weekend, but my parents and sister want nothing to do with him. In fact both my sister and college roommate said they wanted to kill him and I'm not sure they were joking. We are still living in the same house because neither one of us has any where else to go, plus all the utilities are in his name and I'm afraid if I kick him out he'll turn them off. He also has pictures of the house taken about a month after I lost my job. I was so depressed that the house was a complete disaster and says if I fight him he'll make sure I never get to see the kids even though he's said he doen't want them full time. I've gotten past sad & up to pissed off but I'm not sure where to go from here.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)