Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Separation & Divorce 101

Posted by   + Show Post

This post is a place for us to share advice, questions and personal stories about separation and divorce.  

Here are some topics that have been discussed in this group:

• Deciding to relocate after divorce
  • Remaining friends after the break-up
  • Meeting the ex's new partner
  • Assuring the children that they are not the cause of the break-up
  • Mediation

fingers crossed

For more help:

Click here to see what Single Moms are discussing on the group today:
Let's Talk! Click here to see more posts...

Please share your best advice for those going through a divorce or separation in the replies below.

by on Dec. 22, 2011 at 2:54 PM
Replies (91-100):
Sj218
by Member on Oct. 21, 2012 at 10:51 AM
Quoting Sunshyn1838:

Is anyone going through a divorce now. I filed last month and waiting for him to respond. I'm not sure what's going to happen...

Yep. I'm in the middle of a divorce. We finished mediation and should sign the papers this week. Then we have to go through the court process.
bettyboop268
by on Oct. 24, 2012 at 10:13 AM

I am becoming a new single mom after 10 years again, I dont know how I am going to do a lot of things especially get my kids to school now  I have to be at work at 6:30am and they dont start school till 8:40, my husband did that. Does anyone have any advice especially because I do not have family here to help or anything

RedHed90
by on Oct. 25, 2012 at 5:28 PM

1st time doing this. Am a very private person but am in need of a little advice if possible. I'm currently pregnant with twins and have a 4 yr old daughter. Found out my husband of 5 yrs has been cheating. what to do?? lost at the moment. Am not in the mood or mind of thought to make it work. Am at the last nerve and stuck in a situation. Is there any help out there or things to do in NC that matters and can get back on top. I do not want to be the woman that sticks with the husband just for the kids and allow this to possibly happen in the future. 

Mommywood5599
by on Oct. 26, 2012 at 12:00 AM
I'm so sorry :(
Cafe AmyS
by Head Admin on Oct. 26, 2012 at 3:14 PM

Welcome to the group.  Does your children's school have a before/after school childcare program?  Most do offer one or suggest a child care (like the Y) that can help.

Quoting bettyboop268:

I am becoming a new single mom after 10 years again, I dont know how I am going to do a lot of things especially get my kids to school now  I have to be at work at 6:30am and they dont start school till 8:40, my husband did that. Does anyone have any advice especially because I do not have family here to help or anything

Cafe AmyS
by Head Admin on Oct. 26, 2012 at 3:15 PM

Welcome to the group and congrats on your new babies coming soon.

You have to do what you feel is best for your children and yourself.  It might be couples counseling, divorce or something else.

Quoting RedHed90:

1st time doing this. Am a very private person but am in need of a little advice if possible. I'm currently pregnant with twins and have a 4 yr old daughter. Found out my husband of 5 yrs has been cheating. what to do?? lost at the moment. Am not in the mood or mind of thought to make it work. Am at the last nerve and stuck in a situation. Is there any help out there or things to do in NC that matters and can get back on top. I do not want to be the woman that sticks with the husband just for the kids and allow this to possibly happen in the future. 

Sj218
by Member on Oct. 26, 2012 at 9:11 PM
I was able to put my son in a care program at the school. I can drop him off as early as 6a and pick up by 6p. Most days I get him there at about 7:30 and pick him up at 5:30. Since school is 8:30-3:15 it's really not that much daycare, plus it's the best I can do.

Quoting Cafe AmyS:

Welcome to the group.  Does your children's school have a before/after school childcare program?  Most do offer one or suggest a child care (like the Y) that can help.

Quoting bettyboop268:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nvobxmommy
by on Oct. 27, 2012 at 3:16 AM

i don't know what i am looking for here, maybe just some support to know i'm not alone and advice on how to move on.  i'm a 32yo mother of a 3yo boy and 1yo boy.  i work full time.  divorced in june out of a 5 year relationship, and my ex-husband is already married, and wants almost nothing to do with our children.  he barely provides in support or visitation.  our "friends" sided with him, so i have no friends support near me and my extended family and long term friends i grew up with live on the east coast.  i am financially strapped, but making it.  i feel lonely, tired, abandoned, unloved, and overwhelmed. 

Cafe AmyS
by Head Admin on Oct. 28, 2012 at 11:45 PM

Oh good, that's a big relief!  :)

Quoting Sj218:

I was able to put my son in a care program at the school. I can drop him off as early as 6a and pick up by 6p. Most days I get him there at about 7:30 and pick him up at 5:30. Since school is 8:30-3:15 it's really not that much daycare, plus it's the best I can do.

Quoting Cafe AmyS:

Quoting bettyboop268:

Cafe AmyS
by Head Admin on Oct. 28, 2012 at 11:45 PM
1 mom liked this

You'll definitely have support here.  (((hug)))

Quoting nvobxmommy:

i don't know what i am looking for here, maybe just some support to know i'm not alone and advice on how to move on.  i'm a 32yo mother of a 3yo boy and 1yo boy.  i work full time.  divorced in june out of a 5 year relationship, and my ex-husband is already married, and wants almost nothing to do with our children.  he barely provides in support or visitation.  our "friends" sided with him, so i have no friends support near me and my extended family and long term friends i grew up with live on the east coast.  i am financially strapped, but making it.  i feel lonely, tired, abandoned, unloved, and overwhelmed. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)