Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single & Pregnant 101

Posted by   + Show Post

This post is a place for us to share advice, questions and personal stories about being a pregnant single mom.  

Here are some pregnancy related topics discussed in this group:

• Dealing with a break-up while pregnant
  • Pregnancy & dating
  • Single and chosing to become a partnerless parent
  • Thoughts on abortion
  • Telling the father

pregnant belly

For more help:

Click here to see what Single Moms are discussing on the group today:
Let's Talk! Click here to see more posts...

Please share your best advice for single and pregnant moms in the replies below!

by on Dec. 22, 2011 at 3:01 PM
Replies (381-383):
ChangingLanes
by Member on Apr. 6, 2014 at 2:40 PM

I wish I had this site when I was pregnant with my daughter. It was pure HELL (not hell about having my daughter, she & my son were all that kept me going). I told BD he was going to get me pregnant. I even had protection. He didn't care. BD totally turned his back on me after I told him I was pregnant. I had NO ONE. NO family, no friends (family turned their back after my mother passed away a few years earlier). I had a really rough pregnancy (Gestational Diabetes and severe depression). Then when she was 2 months old, he "stepped up", going to be here for us, drove around looking for us a house to move into together, then a few weeks later he gets second DUI (lost his license for a year...took him almost 2 years to get it back....if he even got them..during this time I did not hear from him) and his mother (whom he lives with) got arrested for crack and he totally disappears. Have not seen him since 2011. His mother has come by threatening me and I talked to him a couple times. Last words from him was "I love you guys and you will hear from me soon"...that was 10/2012. Still not heard anything and I don't care now. I have cut communication and moved on.  I promise you, I am just giving minimal highlights. He is emotionally. mentally and physically abusive. He busted his mothers head and bit her. It was non-stop chaos. I cannot express how emotionally tormented I was and how alone I felt. To some degree I still do but now I am concentrating on my kids and myself (now that my DD is getting older)...but it is best that all of that BS is out of our lives. I will gladly do it alone...for the safety and well-being of my kids and myself.

Cafe AmyS
by Head Admin on Apr. 6, 2014 at 3:43 PM

Good for you for moving on.  You, and your kids, deserve better!

Quoting ChangingLanes:

I wish I had this site when I was pregnant with my daughter. It was pure HELL (not hell about having my daughter, she & my son were all that kept me going). I told BD he was going to get me pregnant. I even had protection. He didn't care. BD totally turned his back on me after I told him I was pregnant. I had NO ONE. NO family, no friends (family turned their back after my mother passed away a few years earlier). I had a really rough pregnancy (Gestational Diabetes and severe depression). Then when she was 2 months old, he "stepped up", going to be here for us, drove around looking for us a house to move into together, then a few weeks later he gets second DUI (lost his license for a year...took him almost 2 years to get it back....if he even got them..during this time I did not hear from him) and his mother (whom he lives with) got arrested for crack and he totally disappears. Have not seen him since 2011. His mother has come by threatening me and I talked to him a couple times. Last words from him was "I love you guys and you will hear from me soon"...that was 10/2012. Still not heard anything and I don't care now. I have cut communication and moved on.  I promise you, I am just giving minimal highlights. He is emotionally. mentally and physically abusive. He busted his mothers head and bit her. It was non-stop chaos. I cannot express how emotionally tormented I was and how alone I felt. To some degree I still do but now I am concentrating on my kids and myself (now that my DD is getting older)...but it is best that all of that BS is out of our lives. I will gladly do it alone...for the safety and well-being of my kids and myself.

ChangingLanes
by Member on Apr. 6, 2014 at 4:00 PM

Thank you :) It was tough and still working through some of it but I know it will get better...brighter days ahead...

Quoting Cafe AmyS:

Good for you for moving on.  You, and your kids, deserve better!

Quoting ChangingLanes:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)