Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Single & Pregnant 101

Posted by on Dec. 22, 2011 at 3:01 PM
  • 402 Replies
22 moms liked this

This post is a place for us to share advice, questions and personal stories about being a pregnant single mom.  

Here are some pregnancy related topics discussed in this group:

• Dealing with a break-up while pregnant
  • Pregnancy & dating
  • Single and chosing to become a partnerless parent
  • Thoughts on abortion
  • Telling the father

pregnant belly

For more help:

Click here to see what Single Moms are discussing on the group today:
Let's Talk! Click here to see more posts...

Please share your best advice for single and pregnant moms in the replies below!

by on Dec. 22, 2011 at 3:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
purebliss4
by on Jan. 2, 2012 at 11:03 AM
4 moms liked this

I try not to be upset about the father but I can't help but feel sad. We broke up before I found out I was pregnant and he was trying to back together with me. I told him I needed time to think about it and to forgive him for breaking up with me, on Christmas Eve. Then I found out that I was pregnant and I told him, despite the fact that he kept talking about us having a baby when we were together and that I didn't want that right now because I wanted to finish school he acted like he didn't want to hear it. He already has a son that is isn't there for much. I just found out this past week that I'm pregnant and it's like he just disappeared. My family tells me not to worry about it and not to concentrate on what he's doing but I just can't get over the fact that he would do this.

starpatch320
by on Jan. 2, 2012 at 11:28 PM
2 moms liked this

I completely understand where alot of single mothers are coming from. I have a 2 year old daughter and one on the way and because and the court wants to do a court ordered dna test on their dad since he wont sign birth certificates, he decided to jump the state so he is no help which is very sad. Now because i have no help or barely any family to help me, i am considering adoption for the one i am prego with because i dont see how i am suppose to do this all on my own with a 2 year old and a newborn and very limited daycare. I am getting help from the state as far as cash assistance and food stamps go but nemsca(housing for the homeless) wont even help us get into a place cuz i dont get enough money. Even though I have limited daycare. I still search for work in this small town. I have tons of apps in and not one interview. Even though it doesnt look good, but because im limited on daycare i even take my daughter with me to look for work.So i feel lost, scared and worried that not only am i considering adoption for the one i am prego with but afraid im gonna end up losing my 2 year old too and i cant let that happen as much as i can help it. Im not making excuses for myself but this is true fact. I live in michigan and its tough here. No one wants to provide childcare even though i qualify for it here from the state

1stpreggers
by on Jan. 4, 2012 at 10:34 PM
3 moms liked this

I ended my relationship after I discovered that he had been cheating on me the entire time, he was wanting to "work things out" then i found out that i was pregnant and he insisted that we get back together. however learning of his infidelities has really shaken my self esteem and hes pretty much disappeared, so now I'm having trouble with depression and seriously considering adoption. I could definitely use someone to talk to !

Razzle_Dazzle1
by on Jan. 4, 2012 at 10:52 PM
8 moms liked this

I got pregnant just before I turned 18 with a young man, who was a year older then I was, and I broke up with him because he hit me several times. He has only seen her once, this Christmas. I am 22 now and she is 3 and I am adopting a 6wo baby girl. I am still unmarried but I am in a serious relationship with a man who has a 5yo daughter. My life is great right now and we are all happy.

StephMarie_Mom
by on Jan. 5, 2012 at 1:27 AM
4 moms liked this
Hang in there, baby girl! I know it's not easy. I was pregnant alone, too. If you need to accelerate your housing situation, try staying in a women's/children's shelter if you can for a night. A friend of mine has 2 kids, single parent in alaska and needed housing asap! She stayed one night, maybe 2 at a local women's shelter and her housing applications got moved to the top because there was children involved. I'm not saying it's a guarantee, look into the shelter system out there first and how it may affect your custody status first. If it seems like a viable choice, and can expedite your housing go for it. And if you can, pls keep that baby so your kids can be together. I know it's hard but you can do it. Go to a local church and see how they can possibly help and call 211 in your area for more public assistance and try catholic charities. You don't have to be catholic, they help everyone in need. Stay strong as possible, pray, and we're here for you! Love and blessings!

Quoting starpatch320:

I completely understand where alot of single mothers are coming from. I have a 2 year old daughter and one on the way and because and the court wants to do a court ordered dna test on their dad since he wont sign birth certificates, he decided to jump the state so he is no help which is very sad. Now because i have no help or barely any family to help me, i am considering adoption for the one i am prego with because i dont see how i am suppose to do this all on my own with a 2 year old and a newborn and very limited daycare. I am getting help from the state as far as cash assistance and food stamps go but nemsca(housing for the homeless) wont even help us get into a place cuz i dont get enough money. Even though I have limited daycare. I still search for work in this small town. I have tons of apps in and not one interview. Even though it doesnt look good, but because im limited on daycare i even take my daughter with me to look for work.So i feel lost, scared and worried that not only am i considering adoption for the one i am prego with but afraid im gonna end up losing my 2 year old too and i cant let that happen as much as i can help it. Im not making excuses for myself but this is true fact. I live in michigan and its tough here. No one wants to provide childcare even though i qualify for it here from the state

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
StephMarie_Mom
by on Jan. 5, 2012 at 1:31 AM
2 moms liked this
I've been in your position before. Exactly the same it sounds like. Inbox me if you'd like. I kept my baby and everything turned out ok. Don't make any permanent decisions that may be based on temporary emotions. If you wanna talk, send me a message

Quoting 1stpreggers:

I ended my relationship after I discovered that he had been cheating on me the entire time, he was wanting to "work things out" then i found out that i was pregnant and he insisted that we get back together. however learning of his infidelities has really shaken my self esteem and hes pretty much disappeared, so now I'm having trouble with depression and seriously considering adoption. I could definitely use someone to talk to !

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sarahmiamaria
by Bronze Member on Jan. 5, 2012 at 1:20 PM
5 moms liked this

Single mom of a 2 year old and expecting baby # 2 in about 8 weeks or so. Sperm donor took off when he found out I was pregnant and got back together  with his ex wife. Its been really hard sometimes and a little depressing and VERY scary! I refuse to date, Im gonna focus on my kids. The last thing I need is another man complicating things! The only reason I am happy most the time is my daughter  :) kids are hard but soooooo worth it!

Nellie4you724
by on Jan. 10, 2012 at 8:32 PM
9 moms liked this

I was never supposed to be able to conceive..or thats at least what the dr told me after surgeries couldnt fix me. I slept with a co-worker/friend on a business trip...and got pregnant. I am 22 weeks pregnant, he refuses to step up, lives in a different state, now engaged to someone else, and I also have little to no family here. I live alone, work full time and care for 2 dogs and now a baby girl. Dont get me wrong, I have always dreamed of being a mom....but alone!? That wasent the plan.

sreese90
by on Jan. 11, 2012 at 2:13 PM
2 moms liked this

Well, i'm trying to do my best to not be sad but it's hard. I constantly find myself thinking about him and crying all the time. my boyfriend left me when i wouldnt get an abortion, and now he wont talk to me. I don't know what to do! Any advice?

Cafe AmyS
by Head Admin on Jan. 14, 2012 at 2:18 PM
1 mom liked this

How can we help?  What questions do you have?

Quoting ellab123:

17 HAVING EXES TRIPLETS HELP

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN