Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Single & Pregnant 101

Posted by   + Show Post

This post is a place for us to share advice, questions and personal stories about being a pregnant single mom.  

Here are some pregnancy related topics discussed in this group:

• Dealing with a break-up while pregnant
  • Pregnancy & dating
  • Single and chosing to become a partnerless parent
  • Thoughts on abortion
  • Telling the father

pregnant belly

For more help:

Click here to see what Single Moms are discussing on the group today:
Let's Talk! Click here to see more posts...

Please share your best advice for single and pregnant moms in the replies below!

by on Dec. 22, 2011 at 3:01 PM
Replies (241-250):
ellemhutch
by on Dec. 21, 2012 at 2:34 AM

I am going through a very similar situation, so I cannot really offer any help. I can offer support, though. I really hope all gets better soon, for you, myself & everyone else in this hard spot..

Quoting hope0113:

Good Morning,

I am a desperate single mother due in 4 weeks with my first baby boy. I was living with my ex fiance(whom I thought was the love of my life) we were going to get married next year, have our first baby together and everything was going good or at least I thought so. On November 29th, he decided that he needed his time and that I was pressuring him and he did not want to work things out with me. We were supposed to move into his father's house to save some money, our baby was going to have his own room and we were going to have our room. Two days before moving out from our apartment I asked since I saw it coming if he wanted to work things out for our new baby and he said he did not. I told him that I did not want to suffer anymore and most important our baby was suffering too. On that same week he got home Monday night at 5am and Tuesday at 3am. I was noticing he was acting weird specially in front of this girl we both know and even asked him if he had feelings for her, of course, he replied that I was going crazy. Long story short, I moved by myself in a 1bed, I am due in 4 weeks and he left me for that same girl that I suspected he was seeing. I am devastated, my heart is cut in half, I love my ex but he betrayed us and I can't handle this feeling anymore. I am desperate and would like this feeling to go away as soon as possible.I am looking for advice form women like me. I did not plan this pregnancy on my own and I feel like I can't handle this aymore

statenbeauty
by on Dec. 22, 2012 at 10:31 AM

Hey Girl...:) Let me know if you still want to chatshake hand

dolorezla
by on Dec. 26, 2012 at 8:25 PM

I am feeling the hormonal changes and even tho I made the decision not to abort, I feel like I am cheating my unborn baby of a better life. I am a single mother of 3 and I already know how hard it is and I'm doing the best I can. I am pro life and believe that it isn't my choice to pick which of my pregnancies to terminate. I have gone through the agony of a miscarriage and I would never wish that upon anyone woman. I'm 16 weeks and blues have invaded my mind...

Lovetofysh
by on Dec. 26, 2012 at 8:31 PM
My husband left my 3 children (11 yrs old, 7 yrs old, 12 months and I am now almost 6 months pregnant) a few months back and it was for drinking, partying and girls. I have "known" that but I had always hoped for the best... That he would return and things would be as they used to. Im definitely not good with goodbyes. Anyways, he didnt even acknowledge us during the holidays, not even a phone call or text. Tonight, I had to run to the gas station and he was there with another girl in his truck. I hoped he hadnt seen me and I left before I even got my gas because it felt like an instant semitruck had just run me over. Apparently he did see me because shortly after, I received a text stating that he has written us off and does not want to see or hear from us again. He then said that his new girlfriend was a breath of freah air. I stupidly tried to call him, several times, and of course he didnt answer. I am devestated. This is absolutely gut wrenching and I am so afraid of what this stress is going to do to my children, including my unborn son. How can a man just walk out on his pregnant wife and children? How can he even move on to the next so easily? This isnt the man I married. How do I get through this? Has anyone else experienced something so awful? Why cant I turn my back to him given everything he has done? I need help... Deserately. Please.
dolorezla
by on Dec. 26, 2012 at 8:34 PM

First I have to say I am sorry for your loss, lossing your Ex to another woman isn't easy to overcome and it is going to take time. Time seems to pass very slowly but before you realize you will have your baby and slowly forget the betrayal of ur Ex. I hope you can find closure soon and try to focus on a hobby.

msmira
by on Dec. 26, 2012 at 10:42 PM

Hi ladies! I'm 30 and 8 wks pregnant. The father of my child was informed that I am pregnant & repeatedly denied that the baby is his. His reason is that he pulled out... which just made me want to smack him up side the head. I told him that was fine, that we wouldn't need him then. He kept saying you don't know it's mine and I told him that is fine, to forget I even told him. I haven't heard from his since and I am fine with that. He was just a friend and our little one night stand ended up in this pregnancy. He has other children from a previous marriage, so I didn't imagine he would have this type of response. I let it get me down for about 5 minutes. 
My family & I are very close, my mother is very excited, my father is coming around as the days go past. I have a good job, with insurance and I rent a nice house; all of which I am very thankful for. I've always wanted kids and never really saw my self being a single mom, but I am keeping a very positive attitude!

Brittney1992
by on Dec. 27, 2012 at 4:53 PM

I am 20 years old and am 19 weeks and 5 days pregnant and my unborn daughters father left to go to another state to be with another women who I have come to find out is also pregnant with his kid. After he left I also found out some things he was saying behind my back like I was just his fun time before he left. Luckily I have alot of support from not only my church family but also my family cause I would not be able to handle being pregnant alone. I am really mad at him for taking off but I have to not stress for the sake of my unborn daughter.

mommybella1021
by on Dec. 28, 2012 at 9:04 PM

my babys father made up a fake life to keep control of me now that he is not in my life he took everything from me im whole like im homeless and carless no money and for the last 4 months of my baby being inside of me i have done nothing but cry and be depressed.... all im  trying to do is take it one day at a time and ask god to forgive me for not listeing to the signs in the beggining .. i hope my life turns around .. i worked so hard to have my life set and i let a man lie to me and take it all away .. the last thing i wanted was to have my baby with out a father let alone with a dead beat dad.. :(

mcguc4
by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 2:47 PM

Hi, im 23 and i just foung out im 5 weeks preg. the father of the baby wants nothing to do with me and i choose to keep my baby and do this on my own, with that being said i am scared to death about this and i would like to talk to other moms to be that are single and preg. i need all the support i can get right now..

Cafe AmyS
by Head Admin on Dec. 31, 2012 at 12:54 PM

Welcome!  Please don't feel you're cheating your baby or your other children, you're not.  You're doing what you feel is best.  (((hug)))

Quoting dolorezla:

I am feeling the hormonal changes and even tho I made the decision not to abort, I feel like I am cheating my unborn baby of a better life. I am a single mother of 3 and I already know how hard it is and I'm doing the best I can. I am pro life and believe that it isn't my choice to pick which of my pregnancies to terminate. I have gone through the agony of a miscarriage and I would never wish that upon anyone woman. I'm 16 weeks and blues have invaded my mind...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)