Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Single & Pregnant 101

Posted by   + Show Post

This post is a place for us to share advice, questions and personal stories about being a pregnant single mom.  

Here are some pregnancy related topics discussed in this group:

• Dealing with a break-up while pregnant
  • Pregnancy & dating
  • Single and chosing to become a partnerless parent
  • Thoughts on abortion
  • Telling the father

pregnant belly

For more help:

Click here to see what Single Moms are discussing on the group today:
Let's Talk! Click here to see more posts...

Please share your best advice for single and pregnant moms in the replies below!

by on Dec. 22, 2011 at 3:01 PM
Replies (261-270):
momtobe210
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 11:38 AM
I'm 6 weeks pregnant and was engaged to the father until a couple of days ago. I feel bad but I had to break it off and think about what's best for the baby and I. My ex has no job, is completely immature and has another child who is 2 that he doesn't pay for and very rarely sees. When he does see her he goes to his grandmothers house to be with her. I remember him saying he was too scared to watch her himself.
I thought I knew what I wanted but when I got pregnant I went into full mommy mode, nothing has changed in his mind.
Single parenting wasn't what I pictured but it seems like the best choice for our child.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
jkmillyard07
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 6:29 PM

I have one baby with another man and was with a man for the last year and ahalf and i am 12 weeks pregnant but for the last six months we have been fighting none stop and my body couldnt take the stress anymore. we got into a fight and he moved out. If i wasnt pregnant we would have been done then but i got pregnant on accident i was on birth control and took an after pill but we couldnt make it work i was unhappy. nomatter how much i love him our relationship l felt was unhealthy and then he told me he was gonna kill himself. i asked him to be in his kids life and he asked me to get an abortion i dont know what to do im so sad and i miss him so much but he now thinks i never loved him and i played him. now im confused if I made the right choice. i just didnt want to fight infront of my son anymore and my body couldnt take the stress. i was emotionally drained by it all. idk what imma do now imma be a single mother of two and im only 21......need advice

Cafe AmyS
by Head Admin on Jan. 11, 2013 at 3:14 PM

Congratulations on your pregnancy but I'm sorry about your breakup.  You do have to do whatever you feel is best.  (((hug)))

Quoting momtobe210:

I'm 6 weeks pregnant and was engaged to the father until a couple of days ago. I feel bad but I had to break it off and think about what's best for the baby and I. My ex has no job, is completely immature and has another child who is 2 that he doesn't pay for and very rarely sees. When he does see her he goes to his grandmothers house to be with her. I remember him saying he was too scared to watch her himself.
I thought I knew what I wanted but when I got pregnant I went into full mommy mode, nothing has changed in his mind.
Single parenting wasn't what I pictured but it seems like the best choice for our child.

Cafe AmyS
by Head Admin on Jan. 11, 2013 at 3:14 PM

Welcome to the group and congrats on baby #2.

Quoting jkmillyard07:

I have one baby with another man and was with a man for the last year and ahalf and i am 12 weeks pregnant but for the last six months we have been fighting none stop and my body couldnt take the stress anymore. we got into a fight and he moved out. If i wasnt pregnant we would have been done then but i got pregnant on accident i was on birth control and took an after pill but we couldnt make it work i was unhappy. nomatter how much i love him our relationship l felt was unhealthy and then he told me he was gonna kill himself. i asked him to be in his kids life and he asked me to get an abortion i dont know what to do im so sad and i miss him so much but he now thinks i never loved him and i played him. now im confused if I made the right choice. i just didnt want to fight infront of my son anymore and my body couldnt take the stress. i was emotionally drained by it all. idk what imma do now imma be a single mother of two and im only 21......need advice

Emiliush
by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 5:18 PM
1 mom liked this

I had the WORST first three months of pregnancy!!!

first... I am also single and being 18 pregnant... also thought of abortion- VERY GLAD I DIDNT DO IT!! then the baby dady didnt answer me until I was 14 weeks prego and doesnt want to help or do anything!!! then being kicked out of the house for two weeks with no car to go to work. all while going to college that I did NOT pass the class cuz I was so stressed and probably had depression.

and had a surgery at 19 weeks WITHOUT being knocked out on drugs =[ it was just awful!!!!!!!

but I had help from my awesome friend....!!! and now everything is fine, Im back at home and my parents and grandma help me ALOT!! .

there are copound, baby shower and help from the goverment.

trust me it will get easier and good. BEST OF LUCKKK!!!!!!

corrina_marie55
by New Member on Jan. 11, 2013 at 11:49 PM
1 mom liked this

I am pregnant, due Jan 21st with a baby boy. I currently live with the father of my child in an apartment we just got Dec 1. Tonight we had a huge fight and he said that as soon as the baby is born we are over and either I can move out or he will. He also said ALOT of other mean hurtful things he meant never forget. I have no place to go, no friends or family so idk what I am going to do. When the baby is born I am forced to give him to his father because I have no place to go and can't take care of him with no money. As soon as I have him im not even going to want to look or hold him because than I won't be able to give him up. I am very depressed and stressed.

Cafe AmyS
by Head Admin on Jan. 18, 2013 at 7:04 PM

WElcome & congrats.  Just a few more days to go, I bet you're getting excited!

Have you been able to talk with the baby's father and work anything out?  I'm sorry he's been so hurtful. (((hug)))

Quoting corrina_marie55:

I am pregnant, due Jan 21st with a baby boy. I currently live with the father of my child in an apartment we just got Dec 1. Tonight we had a huge fight and he said that as soon as the baby is born we are over and either I can move out or he will. He also said ALOT of other mean hurtful things he meant never forget. I have no place to go, no friends or family so idk what I am going to do. When the baby is born I am forced to give him to his father because I have no place to go and can't take care of him with no money. As soon as I have him im not even going to want to look or hold him because than I won't be able to give him up. I am very depressed and stressed.

corrina_marie55
by New Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 8:32 PM
1 mom liked this

Yes I am very excited and yes I talked to him, we are better now

loriimactaggart
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 3:03 PM
1 mom liked this

My boyfriend cheated on me one month before I found out i was pregnant. He doesn't believe it's his child, but i know it is. So here i am pregnant, and alone. It's the worst feeling ever and as I go on I find myself feeling depressed about it. I'm from Iowa, but my mother isn't any help for me there and she doesn't have room for me even in her house. I gave up  on my apartment because i know i wont be able to go to college full time, and be a full time mother, needing to pay over 700 dollars just for my apartment, that would also include me to have a full time job. My aunt offered me to live with her in Michigan. So here i am starting college in Michigan and sharing a bedroom with her oldest daughter, who is four. dont get me wrong i am very appreciative that my aunt is going to watch my child for free, but i feel like it's not enough for me. I dont have enough room for me as it is, plus to cram a baby in her room when i have my baby in July....it's even more depressing to me that i cant give my baby it's own cute little room. on top of being alone right now in a state i just moved to less than a week ago. i don't know anyone but my aunt who really doesn't have alot of extra time being a mother of 3 that also watches 2 kids. I need someone to talk to that i can relate to. she is married and got married a year after her first. i look at her life like it's easy considering she gets to be a stay at home mom. I just don't know how to get myself out of this depressed state that i am in. & i know it's not good for my baby. iff anyone has some advice for me, please feel free to comment.

craftin_momma3
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 2:32 PM
1 mom liked this

Girl, I'm praying for you!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)