Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Single & Pregnant 101

Posted by   + Show Post

This post is a place for us to share advice, questions and personal stories about being a pregnant single mom.  

Here are some pregnancy related topics discussed in this group:

• Dealing with a break-up while pregnant
  • Pregnancy & dating
  • Single and chosing to become a partnerless parent
  • Thoughts on abortion
  • Telling the father

pregnant belly

For more help:

Click here to see what Single Moms are discussing on the group today:
Let's Talk! Click here to see more posts...

Please share your best advice for single and pregnant moms in the replies below!

by on Dec. 22, 2011 at 3:01 PM
Replies (41-50):
19922012bct
by on Jan. 24, 2012 at 8:21 PM

I'm in the same boat as you :( it's the worst feeling in the world

bergfamily
by on Jan. 28, 2012 at 3:03 PM

just broke up than found out i am 9 weeks along and i am already a single mom of a 7 month old. i have a dead end job that i make $400 a month at. i have no help or friends. HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cafe AmyS
by Head Admin on Jan. 28, 2012 at 3:05 PM

Welcome to the group.  

If you're not already, you should apply for WIC, food stamps and gov't assistance until you can get on your feet.

Quoting bergfamily:

just broke up than found out i am 9 weeks along and i am already a single mom of a 7 month old. i have a dead end job that i make $400 a month at. i have no help or friends. HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bergfamily
by on Jan. 28, 2012 at 3:09 PM

tee hee im on wic and food stamps. thanks. is there any thing else? work lol?

JaMochaMommy
by on Jan. 28, 2012 at 3:10 PM
Quoting ellab123:

17 HAVING EXES TRIPLETS HELP

If yu need someone to talk to you can send me a message anytime I'm 18 having a ”eff buddies” child... It was just a bunch of hookups thatsvturned into a pregnancy.
CafeMom Tickers
haventMETyouYET
by on Jan. 28, 2012 at 4:26 PM
1 mom liked this

I am 24 and the mother of a very active 3 yr old and pregnant with one due in the spring. With my first me and the father had broken up before I found out I was pregnant. I gave him a choice to either be involved or not and he choose to move on with someone else who was supposed to be a friend to me and who also had a child. I was devastated and decided to just go on with life. Now fast forward to the here a now I am in virtually the same position this time with a different individual. We were together when I found out but as I had mentioned to him before there were thigs that needed to be done to better take care of the baby. I asked him to try to get into school so that someday in the future he could be able to provide for the 4 of us as a family. I told him that there was no way I could ever move and place myself and my child into an unstable situation and it was after that he broke up with me. I never asked him to change and I never asked him to marry me all I want is what is best for my kids and it seems like I am the only one thats going to care about them. I work from home and go to school full time to support myself and my child and in the process have lost all the so-called friends I had. Its a lonely life when you know people are looking at you like you are the bad guy and making you feel like shit because of all the lies spread about you on facebook .. I just need someone to talk to so I dont feel so alone

meranda20
by Member on Jan. 30, 2012 at 12:53 PM

For the women considering adoption I would give it a little more thought first. I have two babies, a 2 year old an a 8 month old an neither of the dads has ever been around for my them, all I'm receiving right now is TANF an food stamps an I have no where to live, I'm trying to get a job so I can move out of my mom's house. Things are very very hard as a single mom, I need to find a shelter or something I can live at but I don't think we have anything like that around here.

jesslynn1988
by on Feb. 3, 2012 at 1:13 AM

I am 23 years old and pregnant with my first child, a little boy. I am due in 7 weeks. The baby's father and I had only been dating for maybe a month when I found out I was pregnant, and I then moved my entire life across the country to try to make it work with him. I changed everything about myself to try to please him, only to find that no matter what  I did it would never be enough. He became emotionally abusive and I decided to end the relationship and move back home...although I know that I am in a much better situation for both my son and I, I can't help but sometimes feel really scared and alone...I sometimes wonder why my son and I weren't good enough for him.

Very recently I have decided to give up the "victim" mentality. It was holding me back. Now I am focusing on my happiness toward my son and the things that  I can do to make myself better! 'The Complete Single Mother' by Andrea Engber and Leah Klungness was an amazingly helpful book!! It has really helped me gain some perspective and has helped me develop a plan...I think it could help a lot of other people too!!!

mommyhood2009
by on Feb. 4, 2012 at 5:19 AM
2 moms liked this

I want to encourage all of the single moms out there who are pregnant now or are raising their kids. I know it's hard and I going through it too. My 2 1/2 year old son's father has seen him only one time. He is a "check dad" and that is what I have now accepted. He dumped me when I was pregnant and only wanted to reconnect when I pursued child support before our son was born. When I didn't "fall in line" and do what he wanted he basically had wanted nothing to do with me or our son. I am an olde single mom, so my support system is limited. Everyone around me is older with grown kids and everyone seems to have forgotten what it's like raising a toddler. It's hard day to day, but ladies when we look at these blessings that we have... it does make it worth it... right. Don't let the man tear you down if he doesn't want to be involved. Be there for your child as best you can. We can do this ladies... we have to for our kids.   

Fertile_Myrtle
by on Feb. 4, 2012 at 8:52 PM
I'm still trying to decide what I want to do with this baby! I have an 8 yr old, an 8 month old, and I'm about 5 or 6 weeks pregnant. Everything in my mind is telling me not to have this baby but my heart won't let me terminate the pregnancy. I don't want to terminate the pregnancy. My birthcontrol failed. I never planned on having any more kids. If they weren't so close together, I don't think it would bother me so much..the father at first wanted me to get rid of it asap. Now he says he support my decision just to be sure I think about it long and hard. I believe everything will work out but I know its going to be hard. How can I make sure I'm giving all my kids the attention they need? Especially a toddler and a new born! My dad is going to be posses I know and I'm scared to tell him. adoption is not an option for me. If I can't have the baby with me then I whether not have it. I know that is selfish but that's how I feel. The father still wants to be all intimate but I'm not feeling that kind of way given the situation. A few people know. Some say I shouldn't keep the baby. One even told me that she had an abortion and don't regret it but I don't feel that way. I just don't know. I just don't know I just don't know. Im stressed and depressed about it.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN