Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Single Moms - Click here for tips on Dating, Custody, Child Support, Pregnancy and Divorce...

Posted by   + Show Post

Welcome to the Single Moms group!

You'll find tips on each of these topics in the links below:

Click here to see what Single Moms are discussing on the group today:
Let's Talk! Click here to see more posts...

Please feel to reply to posts that you see or start a post of your own!

moms rock  Enjoy the group!!

by on Jan. 12, 2014 at 1:40 PM
Replies (311-320):
Ms.Lo00
by on Jun. 5, 2013 at 1:37 PM
How do you break a kid from having tempertaurms
riahsmommy09

Hey I was going through one a year ago... My daughters father was trying to take her from me and raise her with his girlfriend. It honestly was hard and it took alot of prayer.. My parents stood right behind me and my siblings as well. My daughter is now 3 and he no longer is trying. My last apperance in court, I put my foot down and told him that he wasn't taking my baby and that we needed to do this as parents and he said he agreed. The judge that was doing my case threw out the order that was in place and that was it. He still doesn't come around nor do he call and if he does call its once or twice a month... He's missed every birthday and doesn't do anything. I'll pray for you because I know how it feels. It honestly feels like you're alone but honey you're not, trust me.

Cafe Steph
by Head Admin on Jun. 5, 2013 at 1:37 PM

Hi! With my girls, if we were in public, we stopped everything and went home. If we were at home, I'd ignore the tantrum unless they were hurting themselves or someone else. Eventually they learned a tantrum wasn't going to get them their way or any extra attention, and they stopped. It may work for your child, too. :)

Quoting Ms.Lo00:

How do you break a kid from having tempertaurms

Cafe Steph

Hi! If you'll go to the member's reply and click on "quote" and then re-post this, she'll receive a notification that you've replied to her and have a better chance of seeing what you've said. :)

Quoting riahsmommy09:

Hey I was going through one a year ago... My daughters father was trying to take her from me and raise her with his girlfriend. It honestly was hard and it took alot of prayer.. My parents stood right behind me and my siblings as well. My daughter is now 3 and he no longer is trying. My last apperance in court, I put my foot down and told him that he wasn't taking my baby and that we needed to do this as parents and he said he agreed. The judge that was doing my case threw out the order that was in place and that was it. He still doesn't come around nor do he call and if he does call its once or twice a month... He's missed every birthday and doesn't do anything. I'll pray for you because I know how it feels. It honestly feels like you're alone but honey you're not, trust me.

Myangels0811
1 mom liked this

New cafe mom! 

Cafe AmyS

welcome Very glad you're here.

Quoting Myangels0811:

New cafe mom! 

livinginoc

New cafe mom here. Let's see, this is the first time I've joined an online group and openly chatted like this. Seeing a therapist for first time ever as adult (minus the parents taking me to one in teens for a couple of times, lol) and the trigger point, my daughter who will be 13 in July. I need a single mom support group or I will lose my mind raising a teen girl. My son was a breeze...oh well. 

dmartin1412

does anyone live in charleston??

dmartin1412

what are the tempertaurms over?

Cafe AmyS

Hahahahaha!  I don't think they ever get over those, though they do change as they get older. 

Quoting dmartin1412:

what are the tempertaurms over?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN