Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms - Click here for tips on Dating, Custody, Child Support, Pregnancy and Divorce...

Posted by   + Show Post

Welcome to the Single Moms group!

You'll find tips on each of these topics in the links below:

Click here to see what Single Moms are discussing on the group today:
Let's Talk! Click here to see more posts...

Please feel to reply to posts that you see or start a post of your own!

moms rock  Enjoy the group!!

by on Jan. 12, 2014 at 1:40 PM
Replies (11-20):
momlostwith3
by on Jun. 5, 2013 at 1:37 PM

Hi,I need advice on where a mom with three kids should go live.I have 12 year old twins and a three year old!I have lived outside of the country for 15 years and since he left I want to come back,I am staying in NYC with a friend but finding it is too expensive!I have to get out of where I am staying,please help with advice of nice places to raise kids

ADRIAN13

hey i'm Carolina 17 years old currently inn thee process of taking my babys father to court on Wednesday !! putting in the papers for child support as welll, very scared all i want is everything too be stable for my son ! i don't know whether to claim full custody or anything he says he's going to take away my son from me for good....any helppp???!!!

earlyswimchick
I'm going through a custrody and child support battle. Its driven me insane that my sons father isn't getting punished for not paying . And he's still visitingy son. If any one has advice how to get through this , please tell me. I feel so alone.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PaperClip811
by Silver Member on Jun. 5, 2013 at 1:37 PM

My best advice is focus on what is best for your son-- when you are addressing the court everything you say should highlight why your plan benefits your son more than what your ex is wanting.

For example, when I went to mediation I told the mediator that shared custody wasn't going to work due to the distance between my son's father's residence and ours.. I also requested supervised visitation because my ex had spent less than 10 hours with his son in almost a year. I didnt think it would benefit my child, or his father to be thrown into an every-other-weekend scenario at his age, and with an almost stranger.

They agreed and I have majority physical custody, ex has visitation, pays child support and was put on a supervised visitation plan until my son was 2 years old.

Quoting malimommy81410:

Im going thru a custody battle right now... im tryitng to get full cusotdy with visatation for his father any advice ??

PaperClip811
by Silver Member on Jun. 5, 2013 at 1:37 PM
1 mom liked this

unless you are a danger to your child you shouldnt worry too much about him 'taking him away for good' Just show that you have a stable home environment for your son, and offer the Dad reasonable access to his child. Good luck :o)

Quoting ADRIAN13:

hey i'm Carolina 17 years old currently inn thee process of taking my babys father to court on Wednesday !! putting in the papers for child support as welll, very scared all i want is everything too be stable for my son ! i don't know whether to claim full custody or anything he says he's going to take away my son from me for good....any helppp???!!!

jdf123
Just joined. u guys hope u all are doing well
roxmom202
by Member on Jun. 5, 2013 at 1:37 PM

the best thing to do is get a lawyer!!

MS.Evans608

NICE TO JOIN

paycationmom
I agree. Get a lawyer! Usually they will give you one free visit before hiring them on to your case. I messed up big time. I thought we could agree on things and do the divorce papers ourselves. Big Mistake! Now we are back in court on things and this time I have a lawyer. Talked with 3 different ones before I found one I had confidence in and I could afford. This one allows me to pay a little each month. Good luck.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
moma_08
4 moms liked this

hi everyone! i just joined the site! been going thru a rough time lately and just want some one on one single mom time!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)