Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Single Moms - Click here for tips on Dating, Custody, Child Support, Pregnancy and Divorce...

Posted by   + Show Post

Welcome to the Single Moms group!

You'll find tips on each of these topics in the links below:

Click here to see what Single Moms are discussing on the group today:
Let's Talk! Click here to see more posts...

Please feel to reply to posts that you see or start a post of your own!

moms rock  Enjoy the group!!

by on Jan. 12, 2014 at 1:40 PM
Replies (261-270):
Danglmommy
by on Jun. 5, 2013 at 1:37 PM

No mam, I am a single mommy of seven year old twins.

amber.otto

I am a single mother of two boys; Landyn whom is 5 and Levi whom is 2. I was with my chldren's father for six years. We have been separated for almost a year, but I still seem to not be able to get over him. While together, he was very verbally abusive. While apart for almost a year, he has lived with 3 different females which I think is inapproriate for chldren. My chldren get used to being with one girl and the next week he is daiting someone else and bringing my children into that envionment. I would rather have them both every single day of the week, than to have their father watch them and him lie to me about things or my boys just not getting the attention they need from their "daddy"

Angelbaby84
How can I get help for Christmas for my little girls please
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Cafe AmyS
by Head Admin on Jun. 5, 2013 at 1:37 PM

Ok then.  What kind of suggestions are you looking for?  

Welcome to the group, too, by the way! :)

Quoting Danglmommy:

Cafe AmyS

Welcome!

You may need to have something added to your custody agreement that no new partners can be introduced to the kids unless you/he have been with that person for at least 6 months-year.

Quoting amber.otto:

I am a single mother of two boys; Landyn whom is 5 and Levi whom is 2. I was with my chldren's father for six years. We have been separated for almost a year, but I still seem to not be able to get over him. While together, he was very verbally abusive. While apart for almost a year, he has lived with 3 different females which I think is inapproriate for chldren. My chldren get used to being with one girl and the next week he is daiting someone else and bringing my children into that envionment. I would rather have them both every single day of the week, than to have their father watch them and him lie to me about things or my boys just not getting the attention they need from their "daddy"

Cafe AmyS

Have you contacted churches, shelters and social services for assistance?

Quoting Angelbaby84:

How can I get help for Christmas for my little girls please

Danglmommy
Thank you I appreciate that. I guess I need suggestions on how to balance everything I'm juggling without feeling overwhelmed. I feel very overwhelmed sometimes and I feel like it hurts my focus. I hope that makes sense.

Quoting Cafe AmyS:

Quoting Danglmommy:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Johnathamom104
1 mom liked this

Im new on here. Any ideas on how to get cheep gifts for my son. so that I can have a small christmas. That way he has a little bit of hope

Cafe AmyS

It's pretty normal to feel overwhelmed, especially when you're just starting out as a single parent.  It helps if you have good support from your family and/or friends.  Someone to watch your little one when you need a break, etc.

(((hug)))

Quoting Danglmommy:

Thank you I appreciate that. I guess I need suggestions on how to balance everything I'm juggling without feeling overwhelmed. I feel very overwhelmed sometimes and I feel like it hurts my focus. I hope that makes sense.

Quoting Cafe AmyS:

Quoting Danglmommy:

Cafe AmyS

Welcome to the group!

I'd suggest checking out dollar stores, see if you can get his name added to a church wishing tree or something like that.

Quoting Johnathamom104:

Im new on here. Any ideas on how to get cheep gifts for my son. so that I can have a small christmas. That way he has a little bit of hope

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)