Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms - Click here for tips on Dating, Custody, Child Support, Pregnancy and Divorce...

Posted by   + Show Post

Welcome to the Single Moms group!

You'll find tips on each of these topics in the links below:

Click here to see what Single Moms are discussing on the group today:
Let's Talk! Click here to see more posts...

Please feel to reply to posts that you see or start a post of your own!

moms rock  Enjoy the group!!

by on Jan. 12, 2014 at 1:40 PM
Replies (271-280):
sbrnh78
by on Jun. 5, 2013 at 1:37 PM

I just signed up to the site. So good morning everyone. Could anyone give a single mom advice on what to or where to go for some help for christmas for my kids

abbeyquinn

Hello, just finally got brave enough to kick out the father of my kids, who was also a depressive, alcoholic, suicidal, lazy and emotional abusive butt. I only told him to leave yesterday, and while the fight was horrible, I woke up this morning already feeling freer and so much less stressed, because I now realize that I dont have to put up with him any longer. However, now I have my kids, and we're living in a house thats in his name, and I have no job, no skills and no money. I know things are about to get interesting! I want to relocate to a ciy about an hour away, and would appeciate any advice anyone can share, if anyone has had to go through this and can give me some tips on not only making it easier on the kids, but easier on myself as well. I know nothing of custody, and child support, and I have no support group here at home. Any advice or help is appreciated! 

singleseek4u

im doing ok...what about you

musicalcat31
by Member on Jun. 5, 2013 at 1:37 PM

my boyfriend says that if i try to get  child suport than it would only be $30 a month and he would fight it tooth and nail

Cafe AmyS
by Head Admin on Jun. 5, 2013 at 1:37 PM

Welcome!

Have you checked with social services in your area?  Many of them have Santa Claus shops.

Quoting sbrnh78:

I just signed up to the site. So good morning everyone. Could anyone give a single mom advice on what to or where to go for some help for christmas for my kids

Cafe AmyS

Welcome to the group & good for you!  :)

Quoting abbeyquinn:

Hello, just finally got brave enough to kick out the father of my kids, who was also a depressive, alcoholic, suicidal, lazy and emotional abusive butt. I only told him to leave yesterday, and while the fight was horrible, I woke up this morning already feeling freer and so much less stressed, because I now realize that I dont have to put up with him any longer. However, now I have my kids, and we're living in a house thats in his name, and I have no job, no skills and no money. I know things are about to get interesting! I want to relocate to a ciy about an hour away, and would appeciate any advice anyone can share, if anyone has had to go through this and can give me some tips on not only making it easier on the kids, but easier on myself as well. I know nothing of custody, and child support, and I have no support group here at home. Any advice or help is appreciated! 

Cafe AmyS

He can fight all he wants, but if child support is court ordered he either pays it or he faces the consequences (jail, no driver's license, garnished wages, garnished tax return, etc).

Quoting musicalcat31:

my boyfriend says that if i try to get  child suport than it would only be $30 a month and he would fight it tooth and nail

prett4ever1

Do anyone know anybody that rent codos or appartments to single mom i have a job just going to need a little help paying bills

Cafe AmyS

A lot of places will rent to single parents, in fact they can't descriminate.  However for assistance with paying bills, rent, etc. you should contact your city/county social services.

Quoting prett4ever1:

Do anyone know anybody that rent codos or appartments to single mom i have a job just going to need a little help paying bills

JOHANNA04
1 mom liked this

NEW TO THIS LOOKING TO MAKE SUM FRIENDS WHO CAN BE TRUE N HONEST.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)