Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Single Moms - Click here for tips on Dating, Custody, Child Support, Pregnancy and Divorce...

Posted by   + Show Post

Welcome to the Single Moms group!

You'll find tips on each of these topics in the links below:

Click here to see what Single Moms are discussing on the group today:
Let's Talk! Click here to see more posts...

Please feel to reply to posts that you see or start a post of your own!

moms rock  Enjoy the group!!

by on Jan. 12, 2014 at 1:40 PM
Replies (281-290):
christydream
by on Jun. 5, 2013 at 1:37 PM
1 mom liked this

i have a two year old son who's father is not in the picture who i don't receive child support from. I live with my ex boyfriend (not my sons father hes the man i met after my son was born) in his home with my mom brother and step uncle. Its complicated but after moving with him my family fell on hard times and my at the time boyfriend needed help with bills so he offered a place for them to live. We are now no longer together it just happened today but it was a long time coming. My son has no father and has only known my ex boyfriend since he was 2 months old. I thought coming here was a good idea because i thought i would BUILD a life with this man and a family. It was the exact opposite. He never failed to remind me that everything was and is his that ifwe ever split id get nothing. Even if it was something we got together because I'm not working and it was either purchased from him or given to us its rightfully his because hes the bread maker. When i came here, i left everything behind. My ex boyfriend who i had a car with (who was someone i dated for 3 years a year BEFORE my sons father)  warned me if i moved where i am now he would take my car from me which was in his name but i made ALL the payments on. Imoved because i wanted to start a new life and not look back, i lost the car. I lost my job RIGHT after i had my son because my job said they didn't know when i was coming back and swore they didn't hear from me my whole pregnancy which is all lies because i have phone records proving i communicated with them. When i moved here he said you dont have to work ill support you and take care of you dont worry about the car dont worry about anything. So i trusted him but now that we broke up i have nothing and i dont know what to do. I lost everything, my job, my car, my bed .. my life. My family relied on me because they ran into hard times and STILL need help and i cant help them because i cant help myself. I just dont know where to turn....does anyone have any ideas? I CANT go after my sons biological father for child support...he told me he had a vasectomy and yes it was my fault for not protecting myself but i loved him. I trusted his words and ended up with my son because he wasnt honest about the vasectomy. He wanted me to get an apartment with him and i did look into some but i didnt like the locations. That night he took my car keys from me, beat me in a parking lot...everyone seen and no one helped me. He took my phone and drove us back to his house which was in PA inthe boonies. eventually i got away because i was able to talk to my mom while he monitored the conversation and just by my voice my mom knew i wasnt ok and called 911. he let me leave because the cops were coming and i never looked back. He told me if i told the cops he would kill me, my sister and her kids because he knew where she lived. This all happened almost three years ago my son is 2 it happened when i was a month pregnant. So i dont want him in my life because im afraid of him so i cant get child support....... any ideas? if anyone can help, please your advice will be highly appreciated.

chloebelle82
1 mom liked this

in lawrence kansas where can i go or call for help to get me a single mom with two baby girls back home to florida we were left here and a friends house and my kids dad left us here and dont know where he is or what happend i just know its been a month now and we can no longer live here and need help to get bus tickets to get back home to my family please anybody help me

juli2000

I hope you are doing better, I just saw your post, I was once in your situation, at the shelter, but I got out, the people from the shelter helped me a lot and my faith in god. 

Cafe AmyS
by Head Admin on Jun. 5, 2013 at 1:37 PM

welcome

Quoting JOHANNA04:

NEW TO THIS LOOKING TO MAKE SUM FRIENDS WHO CAN BE TRUE N HONEST.

Cafe AmyS

Welcome to the group.  I'm very sorry you're going through a rough time right now.

Quoting christydream:

i have a two year old son who's father is not in the picture who i don't receive child support from. I live with my ex boyfriend (not my sons father hes the man i met after my son was born) in his home with my mom brother and step uncle. Its complicated but after moving with him my family fell on hard times and my at the time boyfriend needed help with bills so he offered a place for them to live. We are now no longer together it just happened today but it was a long time coming. My son has no father and has only known my ex boyfriend since he was 2 months old. I thought coming here was a good idea because i thought i would BUILD a life with this man and a family. It was the exact opposite. He never failed to remind me that everything was and is his that ifwe ever split id get nothing. Even if it was something we got together because I'm not working and it was either purchased from him or given to us its rightfully his because hes the bread maker. When i came here, i left everything behind. My ex boyfriend who i had a car with (who was someone i dated for 3 years a year BEFORE my sons father)  warned me if i moved where i am now he would take my car from me which was in his name but i made ALL the payments on. Imoved because i wanted to start a new life and not look back, i lost the car. I lost my job RIGHT after i had my son because my job said they didn't know when i was coming back and swore they didn't hear from me my whole pregnancy which is all lies because i have phone records proving i communicated with them. When i moved here he said you dont have to work ill support you and take care of you dont worry about the car dont worry about anything. So i trusted him but now that we broke up i have nothing and i dont know what to do. I lost everything, my job, my car, my bed .. my life. My family relied on me because they ran into hard times and STILL need help and i cant help them because i cant help myself. I just dont know where to turn....does anyone have any ideas? I CANT go after my sons biological father for child support...he told me he had a vasectomy and yes it was my fault for not protecting myself but i loved him. I trusted his words and ended up with my son because he wasnt honest about the vasectomy. He wanted me to get an apartment with him and i did look into some but i didnt like the locations. That night he took my car keys from me, beat me in a parking lot...everyone seen and no one helped me. He took my phone and drove us back to his house which was in PA inthe boonies. eventually i got away because i was able to talk to my mom while he monitored the conversation and just by my voice my mom knew i wasnt ok and called 911. he let me leave because the cops were coming and i never looked back. He told me if i told the cops he would kill me, my sister and her kids because he knew where she lived. This all happened almost three years ago my son is 2 it happened when i was a month pregnant. So i dont want him in my life because im afraid of him so i cant get child support....... any ideas? if anyone can help, please your advice will be highly appreciated.

Cafe AmyS

You might need to call family or talk to a social services office for help.

Quoting chloebelle82:

in lawrence kansas where can i go or call for help to get me a single mom with two baby girls back home to florida we were left here and a friends house and my kids dad left us here and dont know where he is or what happend i just know its been a month now and we can no longer live here and need help to get bus tickets to get back home to my family please anybody help me

Chica8111

MY EX HUSBAND WANTS TO GIVE MY 11 YEAR OLD AN IPHONE 4S WHAT DO U THINK , PLS INPUT

LoveOurTwins

The father of my twins was recently arrested and is looking at some serious time. I am still a "stay at home mother" for twin 9 month old boy and girl. We were forced to move out of our home and are currently located in southern florida. I am trying to be strong and make the best of what we still have. The father and I were together over 5 years, but not legally married. I NEED HELP. I dont know where to turn, I am in the WIC program and applied for food stamps, but was denied for the cash assistance program and am being told there is a 12-18 month wait for childcare assistance. Anyone PLEASE tell me where I need to apply all and any advice is greatly apperciated!

Seeugo

The best advice I can give you is to keep records of EVERYTHING.    Phone calls, visits, etc.

Keeping a log could show that he is not really to interested in joint/full custody of your child.

Best of luck!

Seeugo

BUMP!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN