Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms - Click here for tips on Dating, Custody, Child Support, Pregnancy and Divorce...

Posted by   + Show Post

Welcome to the Single Moms group!

You'll find tips on each of these topics in the links below:

Click here to see what Single Moms are discussing on the group today:
Let's Talk! Click here to see more posts...

Please feel to reply to posts that you see or start a post of your own!

moms rock  Enjoy the group!!

by on Jan. 12, 2014 at 1:40 PM
Replies (291-300):
Gaining01
by on Jun. 5, 2013 at 1:37 PM

Hello Everyone,

I just joined and thanks for the support. I have some issues that I am going through with getting support for my child.

Cafe AmyS
by Head Admin on Jun. 5, 2013 at 1:37 PM

I know of some kids with iPhone's, but my opinion is that 11 is too young.  That being said, my 11 year old has a regular phone so that he can call/text his dad whenever he wants.

Quoting Chica8111:

MY EX HUSBAND WANTS TO GIVE MY 11 YEAR OLD AN IPHONE 4S WHAT DO U THINK , PLS INPUT

Cafe AmyS

I'm so sorry, that makes for a really frustrating and stressful situation.  

You should check with emergency services in your area, as well as churches, food banks, etc.

Quoting LoveOurTwins:

The father of my twins was recently arrested and is looking at some serious time. I am still a "stay at home mother" for twin 9 month old boy and girl. We were forced to move out of our home and are currently located in southern florida. I am trying to be strong and make the best of what we still have. The father and I were together over 5 years, but not legally married. I NEED HELP. I dont know where to turn, I am in the WIC program and applied for food stamps, but was denied for the cash assistance program and am being told there is a 12-18 month wait for childcare assistance. Anyone PLEASE tell me where I need to apply all and any advice is greatly apperciated!

Cafe AmyS

You're welcome and we're glad you're here.

Quoting Gaining01:

Hello Everyone,

I just joined and thanks for the support. I have some issues that I am going through with getting support for my child.

ruderrow

First of all, good luck!  I just received custody of my daughter on Friday with visitation for her father.  I was able to prove that I can provide a more stable living situation for her - mostly through home and job stability that her father does not have.  The judges look for that- remember, the judge's primary concern is the child.  Don't bring up things that are irrelevant just to try anyhow you can- that doesn't win you favor in the judge's eyes.  Proof, proof, proof!!!  Get yourself a good lawyer if you can- ask about payment plans if you need to, it does get expensive!  A lawyer will work from the angle of what he/she has gathered in their years of experience.  Good luck, and I understand what you are going through- mine lasted 9 months and since it is over I feel like I can breathe.

KelMcqueen21

Hello Everyone! my name is Kel Mcqueen and I have taken on the task of trying to repair the family unit in this genaration, by doing that I created a documentary that touches on the subject of womena nd the importance of their relatioship with their father and how it can affect them as women and their opinion about men. Please take a moment and let me know what you think and please comment, share and like! http://youtu.be/i6yHTwNzW68

BaxterB

So how does this work?  I just like chatting with other moms who know what it's like being a single mom.

brian009

you are welcome to the site .... i like what  i see on here  hope you  dont mind getting to know you  better .. hope to hear back from you .

Akire13

is anyone on here?

aliciamaxmom

Hey Everyone! I a new single mom and have many emotions...but in the end I'm happy and love my 1 year son Max..anyone in PA?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)