Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Single Moms - Click here for tips on Dating, Custody, Child Support, Pregnancy and Divorce...

Posted by   + Show Post

Welcome to the Single Moms group!

You'll find tips on each of these topics in the links below:

Click here to see what Single Moms are discussing on the group today:
Let's Talk! Click here to see more posts...

Please feel to reply to posts that you see or start a post of your own!

moms rock  Enjoy the group!!

by on Jan. 12, 2014 at 1:40 PM
Replies (301-310):
Cafe AmyS
by Head Admin on Jun. 5, 2013 at 1:37 PM

Congratulations!  You have great advice. :)

Quoting ruderrow:

First of all, good luck!  I just received custody of my daughter on Friday with visitation for her father.  I was able to prove that I can provide a more stable living situation for her - mostly through home and job stability that her father does not have.  The judges look for that- remember, the judge's primary concern is the child.  Don't bring up things that are irrelevant just to try anyhow you can- that doesn't win you favor in the judge's eyes.  Proof, proof, proof!!!  Get yourself a good lawyer if you can- ask about payment plans if you need to, it does get expensive!  A lawyer will work from the angle of what he/she has gathered in their years of experience.  Good luck, and I understand what you are going through- mine lasted 9 months and since it is over I feel like I can breathe.

Cafe AmyS

Hi, we're here, but we mostly post around in the group.  :)

Quoting Akire13:

is anyone on here?

Cafe AmyS

Welcome to the group.  Emotions are very normal both for a new mom, and especially a single mom.  :)

Glad you're here.

Quoting aliciamaxmom:

Hey Everyone! I a new single mom and have many emotions...but in the end I'm happy and love my 1 year son Max..anyone in PA?

AdvocareMomma
by on Jun. 5, 2013 at 1:37 PM

That depends on what you mean by help. We're you thinking consolidation? Budgeting plan? If you can be more specific Incan try to help! ;) 

cathe777

Don t worry , you will have your kids , let the juge decides.

hamster2012
1 mom liked this

hi everyone.

So, its cold outside and its 2013.  I have been a single mom for the last 5 years.  I worked full time/have a full schedule with the kids and their activities.  I guessed the cold weather is bringing out a bit of melancholy in me today........feeling sorry for myself.  Overall, while life has been hard financially, I manage to keep my head above the water.  Most days, I am too busy to even think about anything or to feel about anything..............but once in a while.......something will trigger a lonliness I feel that tends to overwhelm me and I bet the blues really bad.

I don't know when was the last time I share my personal feelings to anyone.......I don't want pity because i don't believe in it.  The one thing that makes me sad is knowing that my sons are growing up without a father...........while they have all the love I have, I know it still affects them and will always be with them that they have no father figure.....................and it hits me when i am the only mother at their cub scout events or any events where all the fathers are there and then its me and my son......its moments like this that breaks my heart.

The idea of starting a new relationship is the last thing on my mine.  I don't think i can take the disappointment again, so I have pretty much shut that door.  I guessed, I am just sad and feeling a bit lonely and sorry for myself today and just need to express my feelings.

jay2010x7
1 mom liked this

looking for a new job and trying to go back to school so i can have my own and not depend on others....browsing to see wat i can make happen...GOOD LUCK MOMMIES!!! AND HAVE A BLESSED DAY

Cafe AmyS

Welcome!

I think the cold weather has brought out some melancholy in all of us.  At least I've noticed a lot of people seem to be experiencing quite a bit of stress lately.  I'm sorry you're feeling lonely.  (((hug)))

Quoting hamster2012:

hi everyone.

So, its cold outside and its 2013.  I have been a single mom for the last 5 years.  I worked full time/have a full schedule with the kids and their activities.  I guessed the cold weather is bringing out a bit of melancholy in me today........feeling sorry for myself.  Overall, while life has been hard financially, I manage to keep my head above the water.  Most days, I am too busy to even think about anything or to feel about anything..............but once in a while.......something will trigger a lonliness I feel that tends to overwhelm me and I bet the blues really bad.

I don't know when was the last time I share my personal feelings to anyone.......I don't want pity because i don't believe in it.  The one thing that makes me sad is knowing that my sons are growing up without a father...........while they have all the love I have, I know it still affects them and will always be with them that they have no father figure.....................and it hits me when i am the only mother at their cub scout events or any events where all the fathers are there and then its me and my son......its moments like this that breaks my heart.

The idea of starting a new relationship is the last thing on my mine.  I don't think i can take the disappointment again, so I have pretty much shut that door.  I guessed, I am just sad and feeling a bit lonely and sorry for myself today and just need to express my feelings.

Alexis1917
1 mom liked this
Hello, I'm new to all of this, I'm a parnet at the age of 22 years old and my son is a joy.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Cafe MichelleP
by Group Admin on Jun. 5, 2013 at 1:37 PM

Hi Alexis! Welcome to the group. You are so right, your son is a joy. How old is your little guy?

Quoting Alexis1917:

Hello, I'm new to all of this, I'm a parnet at the age of 22 years old and my son is a joy.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)