Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Single Moms - Click here for tips on Dating, Custody, Child Support, Pregnancy and Divorce...

Posted by   + Show Post

Welcome to the Single Moms group!

You'll find tips on each of these topics in the links below:

Click here to see what Single Moms are discussing on the group today:
Let's Talk! Click here to see more posts...

Please feel to reply to posts that you see or start a post of your own!

moms rock  Enjoy the group!!

by on Jan. 12, 2014 at 1:40 PM
Replies (31-40):
Jbug550
by on Jun. 5, 2013 at 1:37 PM

I have a bill that i need to pay off... I cant work and the father left me, its his bill but i signed the contracet and i didnt know what i was doing.. Now im stuck with the bill and i cant take him to court because its in my name...

candice0304
1 mom liked this

My name is Candice. When me an my baby daddy broke up me an my two kids went to a homeless shelter for  days during this time i got my own place got on cash assistance daycare for my kids my own place a car an i go to school. i work at the homeless  shelter now im a houseparent. i have been in your shoes an i know how hard it can be. I know that you can do it. It takes alot of work but you can get there. If you have any questions at all please feel free to ask me.

singlemomNYC

Looking for advice on how to deal with your ex taking your shild around the woman he is dating even though you ask him not to

mizzconc3it3d09
1 mom liked this

hey everyone my name is jackiee and im a single mom and just found this site.. im a so happy to have found mothers like me....

toshya13

Anyone know the best thing for me to do when it comes to getting help finding a place to live w/ my five kids? Just started babysitting, and I make bout $600 mo. I'm feeling hopeless and not sure what to do.

ladyPrin

I wanted sole custody for my child. I went to the family court and asked how I can make a petition.  I also whent to ask lawyer.com but that was paid for.  I will say that you have to know your state laws.  I drew up a a joint petition stating that my child's father agreed that I can have sole custody.  It took months of arguing to get him to sign it and it was only sign because it caused problems with the woman at home.  He signed it but I still have to wait to see what the judge says. I have to prove how it will be beneficial to my child for me to have sole custody.  The good thing I have going for myself is the nasty text messages of him denying his child and being that he never ask for her the times he did see her I would have to prompt him.  In other words you have to build your case as well.  I have lawyer representing me but if you doing it on your on you have to have your stuff together.  The judge is only seeing what is in the best interest of the child from their point of view they don't know your story and really don't care.  You have to make them care because if not you will walk in with hopes and walk out with joint custody.  So I suggest reading asking. 

Quoting malimommy81410:

Im going thru a custody battle right now... im tryitng to get full cusotdy with visatation for his father any advice ??

momie151

i am single mom and my name is queen i love  the post you post 

and thanks for sharring

Heatherlou87
I'm new...I have a 5 month old daughter and her father committed suicide when I was nine weeks pregnant...
JAGLTW987

Hi ladies..im a newbie...im sort of lost and i guess looking for someone to vent to. I am 23 and 24 weeks preggo. The pregnancy was not planned, in fact i was only with the father for a lil over a month before i found out i was pregnant. Him and I obviously rushed because i was living with him within days of getting together. hes older, hes 35 and he seemed to really be attracted to me and i fell so in love with him. he was happy when i told him i was pregnant. but i guess after getting to know each other, he found that i was lacking what he was looking for in a woman. he claims that i am a great person that im the sweetest woman hes ever been with but im immature in some areas, well that may be but i dont think its fair for him to judge that so quickly considering the whole time we have been together i have been going through such an emotional rollercoaster being pregnant and going through all these changes. i am not pro-abortion but i did take a leap of faith by keeping her. He told me that he doesnt think its gonna work between him and i and that pretty much he wasnt "feeling" me anymore. is there someone else? i asked him a thousand times and he really seems to be truthful that its not that...i am positive he will be there to be in his daughters life , he has a 12 yr old son and he is his world...i dont have any worries about doing this by myself financially. i have never doubted that he will be there to be in her life. its just so hard dealing with this rejection because i feel so strongly for him,...and i know everything i feel she feels and that all this stress and anxiety and depression is soooooo bad for her but how do i just brush it off? i planned a life with this man and i trusted him. i know with time i will get stronger but for this moment its so hard. its hard to have to figure out how this is going to work being seperate. i want him to take me to the hospital when i go into labor..i want to go home with him and take turns waking up and feeding her.. i dont want him to miss out on her first months in this world because he knows he cant take her away from my side unti shes older. but no instead im staying on my moms couch(she already has my older brother and his two kids living here), he wanted me to stay at the place we had got together but how could i bear to look at him everyday knowing that hes not mine anymore? i tried for almost two weeks and i couldnt do it..it was too hard...i know i should be like"oh eff him i dont need him anyway" but i just cant seem to think that way..im so heartbroken because i do love this man. i just dont know how to feel. i know life is nothing like the fairytales we see on these movies but i always thought i would be with my children's father..its just such a dissappointment...im trying to be strong and just forget about him but its not that simple...im never going to  be a bitch and keep him away from her because my father wasnt around when i was growing up so if he wants to be in her life by all means please do because girls need their daddies. i guess time will heal these wounds... this is such a big lesson to be learned.  but i know after all is said and done i will be a million times stronger

msjlh
I have two little girls. And i am insesperate need of suggestions or advice or maybe just to know its not just my kids. They are 5 and 7 they both seem to be way way to into boys all ready for there age. I do not have men in and out of there lives...dont let thm watch music videos ect...i dont knw what to do to stop it or slow it down at best
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)