Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Single Moms - Click here for tips on Dating, Custody, Child Support, Pregnancy and Divorce...

Posted by   + Show Post

Welcome to the Single Moms group!

You'll find tips on each of these topics in the links below:

Click here to see what Single Moms are discussing on the group today:
Let's Talk! Click here to see more posts...

Please feel to reply to posts that you see or start a post of your own!

moms rock  Enjoy the group!!

by on Jan. 12, 2014 at 1:40 PM
Replies (351-360):
proudmom20102
by on Jun. 5, 2013 at 1:37 PM
1 mom liked this

Hi im a single mom of a little girl. Her dad wont tell his girlfriend and I know she know if not she stupid I want to take him for support but i dont want the girlfriends bad habbits to reflect on my daughter. What should I do?

Cafe AmyS
by Head Admin on Jun. 5, 2013 at 1:37 PM

Welcome!    I'm not sure what you're saying, your daughter's father hasn't told his girlfriend about your daughter?  Well, if that's the case you can't make him say anything, but you can still file for child support.

Quoting proudmom20102:

Hi im a single mom of a little girl. Her dad wont tell his girlfriend and I know she know if not she stupid I want to take him for support but i dont want the girlfriends bad habbits to reflect on my daughter. What should I do?

SonyaLH

Please, help me someone. I am a mom of a 14 year old daughter. STBX and I have joint physical custody. She is crying and trying to manipulate me because she doesn't want to exercise visitation with me. I just don't know what to do. I am very financially tight and so I am unable to "buy her affections" like her dad does. She doesn't like the townhouse that I am able to rent. I know that it's not ideal, but it is what I am able to afford at this time. I have told her many times that the situation is temporary. I wish I could do more, but I am not able to at this time. I am working desparately to earn my LPN so that I can better afford things that she wants, but at this time I can only provide needs. She doesn't want to be with me because of that. I love her so much and always will no matter what, but she doesn't care about my love for her. Please help. I am desparate.

brieri
by Platinum Member on Jun. 5, 2013 at 1:37 PM

Hi and welcome to the goup.

At14 it is not really you.   At that age, she prefers to be with her friends. I get that. - I have been in a similar situation where my kids didn't want to come with me for visits - I know it is important to be spending time with the visiting parent. 

If you can call her weekly or send some magazines/books she may like to read, do so.  Hopefully, she will rethink about how much she misses you.  Don't go overboad and do alot for her as she is now in her teens and needs to do her own thinking.  One thing that comes to mind, is if she gets in trouble and her father doesn't take the helm of it, and comes running to you, then it's time to have a serious chat.  PM me if you'd like.

Quoting SonyaLH:

Please, help me someone. I am a mom of a 14 year old daughter. STBX and I have joint physical custody. She is crying and trying to manipulate me because she doesn't want to exercise visitation with me. I just don't know what to do. I am very financially tight and so I am unable to "buy her affections" like her dad does. She doesn't like the townhouse that I am able to rent. I know that it's not ideal, but it is what I am able to afford at this time. I have told her many times that the situation is temporary. I wish I could do more, but I am not able to at this time. I am working desparately to earn my LPN so that I can better afford things that she wants, but at this time I can only provide needs. She doesn't want to be with me because of that. I love her so much and always will no matter what, but she doesn't care about my love for her. Please help. I am desparate.

Cafe AmyS

It sounds like your daughter is going through a spoiled phase as well as not realizing that world doesn't revolve around her.  Have you, or your ex, thought about therapy to help her get through the separation and divorce?

Quoting SonyaLH:

Monique21181
1 mom liked this
Hi I'm a single mom to 4 kids. This has been the 2 most challenging months ever. If anyone has any tips for me I am open to listen.
Mommy.baby
1 mom liked this

Hi my name is Emily, I am a single mother seeking help.

Cafe AmyS

Welcome to the group.  Are you new at the single parenting game?

Quoting Monique21181:

Hi I'm a single mom to 4 kids. This has been the 2 most challenging months ever. If anyone has any tips for me I am open to listen.

Cafe AmyS

welcome to cafemom

Quoting Mommy.baby:

Hi my name is Emily, I am a single mother seeking help.

Momma2Be135
Hey everybody i am planning on getting pregnant around april 30 near may first but first my parents dont know i wanna get pregnant second i will be still in college but hey at least i will complete my degree and graduate. But there is one problem my baby will have its grandma on its dads side of the family but my parents from the way they are takong things doesnt seem to want anything to do with me or him or our plan to have kids. If i do become pregnant i will have to move out with no money and nowhere to stay.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)