Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms - Click here for tips on Dating, Custody, Child Support, Pregnancy and Divorce...

Posted by   + Show Post

Welcome to the Single Moms group!

You'll find tips on each of these topics in the links below:

Click here to see what Single Moms are discussing on the group today:
Let's Talk! Click here to see more posts...

Please feel to reply to posts that you see or start a post of your own!

moms rock  Enjoy the group!!

by on Jan. 12, 2014 at 1:40 PM
Replies (371-380):
Cafe AmyS
by Head Admin on Jun. 5, 2013 at 1:37 PM

A place to live?  Have you talked with a realtor or a property management company?

Quoting lovevonka:

trying to find a place for me and my daughter. i work two jobs in its hard for me.

abhangel
by on Jun. 5, 2013 at 1:37 PM
1 mom liked this

busy mom looking for friends to vent to and ask advice!!!!!!

Cafe AmyS

Ask away, what's going on?

Quoting abhangel:

busy mom looking for friends to vent to and ask advice!!!!!!

KrEnChIk21

Quoting malimommy81410:

Im going thru a custody battle right now... im tryitng to get full cusotdy with visatation for his father any advice ??

I went through the exact thing just a few months ago, but you just have to stay on top of it! Do you have a lawyer?

Once I realized my ex was a psycho, I contacted my lawyer and he stated I can't do anything until my daughter was born. Once she was born, we went through months of continuances and pushing court dates back. I finally have full custody, he withdrew vistiation by not arriving, and child support is racking up until the final papers are completed in June.

The best thing to do is continue talking with your Attorney (if you have one to help you) and ask questions whenever you're confused. For the most part, those working the courthouse understand the confusing and stress people experience when obtaining these type of things.

Don't give up! Talk with whoever you need to - to get the things you want done :)

I'm experiencing stress from my ex's mother, but I'm praying and talking with my lawyer.

ludkabudka

Hello, i need some advice how should I learn my son to discipline. I am single mother and honestly, I'm having a hard time and the worst thing is that I have nobady here who can help me, here in Canada.

Cafe AmyS

How old is he?  What kinds of things are you finding you need to discipline him for?

Quoting ludkabudka:

Hello, i need some advice how should I learn my son to discipline. I am single mother and honestly, I'm having a hard time and the worst thing is that I have nobady here who can help me, here in Canada.

Xiollae

Hi,

So I need a little advice... I'll try to sum this up;

Basically, my husband and I separated in August and he moved out of state that same month. I am in Florida, at the time he moved to Ohio with his brother. He now lives in Pennsylvania. The separation is not "legal" or on paper, should I say, but should that really matter? Anyway he just basically got to live a bachelor like life, not paying child support, working part time and never sending me any money. He gave me excuse after excuse that he couldn't send me any money because he had "no hours" and no money to send me... he now lives with his father in PA. He JUST finally as of March, began sending me $100 every other week... I received two payments. I should have gotten another $100 today, of course he didn't send it and I cannot reach him. I guess I am not surprised.

Anyway, I was going to file for divorce myself (which is over $400 just to process it!) but I'm wondering if I should actually find a lawyer... because I am unsure of how to go about this... He lives in another state since August, he has not come to visit our son (who is 2, about to turn 3 in June) and besides those 2 payments of $100 each, I haven't seen any money from him... do you think they could get him for backpay child support? Or no because we're still technically married? =/

I don't understand how they will take child custody into consideration when he's in PA and doesn't see him... I'm also concerned that they may let him get away with paying a miniscule amount of child support because I make $18/hour (LPN) full time... ($2400/month) and he only makes about $800/month because he works part time. Can't they MAKE him work full time? Or at least arrange the child support to reflect full time? Because that is quite the loop hole if they allow him to just work part time by choice so he wont have to pay very much.

I'm also very concerned about how much money a lawyer will run me, I am so strapped with bills as it is, I seriously have very VERY little breathing room here. I can't even afford to put my son in daycare... so I have my mother living with me to care for him so I can work my 12 hour over night shifts. I am so drained. *Sigh*

Any advice would be appreciated, thank you. And sorry for writing a story, heh...

Cafe AmyS

I *think* you should be ok to file without a lawyer, but don't hesitate to get one if you find you need one later down the road.

Quoting Xiollae:

Hi,

So I need a little advice... I'll try to sum this up;

Basically, my husband and I separated in August and he moved out of state that same month. I am in Florida, at the time he moved to Ohio with his brother. He now lives in Pennsylvania. The separation is not "legal" or on paper, should I say, but should that really matter? Anyway he just basically got to live a bachelor like life, not paying child support, working part time and never sending me any money. He gave me excuse after excuse that he couldn't send me any money because he had "no hours" and no money to send me... he now lives with his father in PA. He JUST finally as of March, began sending me $100 every other week... I received two payments. I should have gotten another $100 today, of course he didn't send it and I cannot reach him. I guess I am not surprised.

Anyway, I was going to file for divorce myself (which is over $400 just to process it!) but I'm wondering if I should actually find a lawyer... because I am unsure of how to go about this... He lives in another state since August, he has not come to visit our son (who is 2, about to turn 3 in June) and besides those 2 payments of $100 each, I haven't seen any money from him... do you think they could get him for backpay child support? Or no because we're still technically married? =/

I don't understand how they will take child custody into consideration when he's in PA and doesn't see him... I'm also concerned that they may let him get away with paying a miniscule amount of child support because I make $18/hour (LPN) full time... ($2400/month) and he only makes about $800/month because he works part time. Can't they MAKE him work full time? Or at least arrange the child support to reflect full time? Because that is quite the loop hole if they allow him to just work part time by choice so he wont have to pay very much.

I'm also very concerned about how much money a lawyer will run me, I am so strapped with bills as it is, I seriously have very VERY little breathing room here. I can't even afford to put my son in daycare... so I have my mother living with me to care for him so I can work my 12 hour over night shifts. I am so drained. *Sigh*

Any advice would be appreciated, thank you. And sorry for writing a story, heh...

jazmin00

hello, im new to this site as well, hope everyone has a fantastic day :)

jazmin00

BUMP!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)