Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Single Moms - Click here for tips on Dating, Custody, Child Support, Pregnancy and Divorce...

Posted by   + Show Post

Welcome to the Single Moms group!

You'll find tips on each of these topics in the links below:

Click here to see what Single Moms are discussing on the group today:
Let's Talk! Click here to see more posts...

Please feel to reply to posts that you see or start a post of your own!

moms rock  Enjoy the group!!

by on Jan. 12, 2014 at 1:40 PM
Replies (61-70):
kiwi1984
by on Jun. 5, 2013 at 1:37 PM

so am I im 15 weeks feel so alone but i have my friends and family . I know better days will come but i dont want to go through my pregnancy alone,sad,stresst out sad I hate the feeling.

singlemom1031

Hello all :) I'm new to what looks like an awesome support system for single moms, etc. I had a court date today for full custody of my 2 beautiful boys. Their dad has been incarcerated for almost 2 years and finally decided to appear via phone to the hearing today. The judge ordered that because he didn't "feel comfortable" granting me sole custody/parenting time, he would settle for the fact that the dad's rights are temporarily suspended (duh because he's in jail). This is the 2nd time we've appeared in court for the same issue and I feel like the judge continues to give him another chance....Does anyone have any thoughts on this?? I'm so frustrated :(

singlemom1031

Hang in there girl! Life seems as if its over because of all the stress/tension/excitement, etc but it's not. Trust me, 2 boys later, I've never been happier in life. They have made me the person I am today and without them I would have nothing. Chin up, better days are coming!! :)

dmralph

Alls I can give advice i to garnish there wages.

CarissaMillGab

Hi: 

My name is Carissa.  I recently become separated about 6 months ago.  We are discussing custody and divorce options.   I kept our two girls and he kept our son. I am new to the Dallas area and looking for support and friends.

jewel31316

Hello, I feel blessed to have found such a group!  I am a single mother looking for a creative way to give my daughter the chance to attend school online while giving another single mother a chance to live free of room and board.  Below is the ad placed on roommate and nanny sites.  So far only a couple have responded and I am running out of time.  I feel like there must be other single parents in need out there, I just need to reach them.   Really my heart is for single mothers and would love to find someone who really has a need so that we can help each other.  I would greatly appreciate any advice you could offer :-).

AD

Free Room and Board

What I am looking for is an  roommate\ mothers helper the hours would be from 8 to 5 pm M-F.  To be honest the public school systems are not enough for my daughter anymore and I want to try giving her the option to attend classes at home, so this is my creative way of affordable private school.

Notice I did not say home school, that is not what she would be doing, this would not be an agreement in which she would be taught by you or even tutored, just mentored and encouraged, her work would be taught online by teachers, and/or she will have access to those teachers threw the phone and web when she needs help, or I will hire a tutor.

For example a typical day would be simply to encourage my daughter to eat healthy threw out the day, take her to the YMCA for exercise, to social event and camps, or to the water park (I will cover charges for the YMCA and water parks), and help her stay on schedule.   She is a great kid so this would be the perfect arrangement for someone who loves children, attends college online, going back to school, wants to work from home, or work nights an weekends while getting on there feet.

This summer basically the only things I need are for my daughter to be taken to the YMCA\ water parks\or camps for exercise and spending time with friends.  She may have to attend summer school, so there may be an added commute.  I will also pay for your gas.  Depending on my bonuses I will also share a portion of that.

When I come home, I will cook and clean as well as clean and handle the laundry on Saturday.  Of course daily clean up would be a given.  You will find both me and my daughter very easy to get along with very big hearts. I hope you will consider this unique opportunity, and I look forward to speaking with you soon.

jewel37203-childcare@yahoo.com

nikkibattiste

I am having a hard time. My kids father is locked up and he calls. I hate to talk to him because i have to leave my kids home while i work from 3-11. He calls and check on the kids, while i am at work but it still bothers me that he cant help us. I have to pull my kids out of school early because the girl who picks them up for me sometimes not bring her son to school or not come. I need this job. I just started working at a hospital as a NA and eventually want to become a nurse. I am happy about the job but depress about what is going on. Advice please!!!!

fizzgig4
My advice would be to fight for exactly what you want. I'm a single mother and went through all that stuff last year but I'm also a CPS worker so I'm in family court a lot. I wish I would have fought more for what I want. But be careful about things you say because it can back fire on you too
sadsinglemomof2

i am a single mom of 2. i am 22. i live with my parents. i wk 3 to 11. i come home eat and go to bed. some mornings when kids wake up i get them and put them down and i doze off. i need help and advice on how to wake up when my kids do, sometimes i cant even hear my kids wake up. please help me.

mommy102512
Having a difficult time.. we found we were pregnant on Valentines day, and were getting married in June.. He left us this week.. He wants nothing to do with us. Im so broken and not sure where to go from here.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN