Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

I need help ladies...I lost my 4C's yesterday and my job today!!!!

Posted by on Nov. 21, 2007 at 10:28 AM
  • 7 Replies
This has not been my week, first I lose my 4C's yesterday and then this morning I get let go from my job!!!!  Yeah tell me about it.  I worked at a small CPA firm and I was the receptionist/admin asst and the Man. Partner and the office mgr called me in the conf room first thing this morning and tell me it's not working out.  I had some issues with missing time at the beginning of my employment b/c X kept getting sick and I'm the only one.  But things were cool because I didn't miss any time for 6 months. Anyway, I asked him why and he didn't want to get into it.

So my need for help is with the state.  I need my 4 C's now more than ever of course and the worker I saw yesterday was for people with income so she can't help.  They gave me one month severance so my question is should I go ahead and reapply for K-tap (income assistance) which I have to get to get my 4C's back.  I will have to apply for unemployment which I will do, but not sure if I should do it now or later because I have severance.  Plus, the state is going to want a statement from my former employer stating I no longer work there.  The unemployment office is going to send them a statement asking for verifcation also. I'm not trying to get hemmed up here with the state for telling hal truths etc.  What should I do?

by on Nov. 21, 2007 at 10:28 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
KIMMIELEE
by on Nov. 21, 2007 at 3:44 PM

Sorry about your job. I know its tough..  keep ur head up.

PhillyMama2585
by on Nov. 21, 2007 at 3:53 PM
I dont know where you live but iam pretty sure last time i checked when you are let go they have to give you a reason! PLEASE do file immediatly for unemployment!

*Jenna*

mae77
by on Nov. 21, 2007 at 4:14 PM
I was told that in KY they don't have to give you a reason.  I will be at the unemployment office on Monday morning first thing.

blueyz2
by on Nov. 21, 2007 at 8:48 PM
Hey Girl,
You get where ever you need to be and apply for everything you can get..  that is why all those programs are out there now a days..  Good Luck...
Heather2be
by on Nov. 21, 2007 at 10:07 PM
Oh Gosh!  So sorry, what a blow!  Hope all works out with you!
MargaritaD
by on Nov. 23, 2007 at 11:15 AM
Hey you, good luck with all that. I got fired from my job in July without any notice and they couldnt give me a straight reason as to why they were firing me and so I got unemployment. I hated it, but you do what you gotta do. I was on foodstamps too and even though I hated going to the office I did it because I needed to feed my kids. It will work out and its just till you get another job and get back on track. I feel your pain and good luck again!
LaNisa
by on Nov. 23, 2007 at 12:06 PM
Im sorry to hear that this happened at such a time is this.You Ive been there and people can say hang in there, etc but they really dont completely feel unless they have either been there or are going through with.Im not sure what 4C's is if you could elaborate on that for me.
The Dept of Labor changed the laws actually I do believe in all states an employer does not have to give reason for firing you and to tell you the truth most dont like to give reasons anymore. You are eligible for unemployment i can tell you that now. Even with the severance pay you can still file for unemployment they will just pick up when the severance pay ends so you are really good to go its best to start the process now bc some states do require that you take classes when you are on unemployment I am unsure about your state but they will explain everything to you when you file. I will be interceding for you in the process bc I have also been there a couple of times and its no joke when you have a little one and youre doing it by yourself. If you need anymore help or info in the dept feel free to message me. Take care of yourself and the little one.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)