Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Any mamas with lots of kids?

Posted by on Nov. 21, 2007 at 12:18 PM
  • 9 Replies
Hi all,

I'm new here. Just wondering if there were any other single moms who have lots of kids? I have seven, 16g, 14b, 12 b, 10g, 9b, 7g, and 5g.  I've been divorced for almost 3 yrs.  I'm a member of some of the large family groups but everyone seems to be married, so I feel a little out of place.  Anyway I have to say this is the first time since I've been divorced that  I'm actually excited about the holidays.

~E
by on Nov. 21, 2007 at 12:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
noseringmommy
by on Nov. 21, 2007 at 12:38 PM
 I only have 3 and only 2 are with me. I've only been separated for 6 months and I gotta tell you that my hat is off to you!  What makes this year and the holidays better than the last?
pregw4
by on Nov. 21, 2007 at 8:01 PM
Whoa, well I have 3: 15g, 5g, 11 1/2b and I believe that I'm pregnant with the 4th (goin to dr, Friday for blood test to confirm) so I can't relate to having 7 but I can relate to being a single parent. Shoot 3 more and I am up there with you
deliela
by on Nov. 22, 2007 at 4:36 PM
I have three kids and it feels like i have six. they are so full of energy. welcome to the group and i am a single parent too.
evieinco
by on Nov. 22, 2007 at 5:03 PM

Quoting noseringmommy:

I only have 3 and only 2 are with me. I've only been separated for 6 months and I gotta tell you that my hat is off to you!  What makes this year and the holidays better than the last?
Well after my divorce my ex still wanted to get back together with me. He is an abusive man and there was no way I was going back to that. Had a few incidents of violence and now ihave a no contact order.  He's been out of my life for over a year and I feel happy. I'm in a good place right now, with my kids too! (he doesn't see them either).

~E
darkpoetess
by on Nov. 22, 2007 at 5:23 PM
I am a single mom to a 7 year old boy, 3 year old girl, 2 year old girl, and a 11 month old boy and I am due on christmas day with baby girl so I will have 5 kids.
noseringmommy
by on Nov. 22, 2007 at 10:11 PM
I am so glad that you are out of all that.  You must be an amazing person to have got past that and to be raising all those kids.  Isn't it great to be in a good place at last.  Here's to even better days ahead! 
faerie75
by Ruby Member on Nov. 22, 2007 at 10:43 PM
hey mama! i don't have alot. i just have two.. but you have a place here!!! i know it sucks whn you don't have the particular support you need. i have an adhd child and it seems all the mamas in the adhd group are married. LOL to top it off i got diagnosed with adhd maself.... big laughs!!!

my childrens father was my abuser as well. i know what that is like. hats off to you for taking the plunge and removing yourself from the situation. i left one day while he was working, pregnant and with a two year old. i cn't imagine leaving with seven!

make ur self at home!!!

Casey
desi_dawn
by on Nov. 23, 2007 at 12:04 AM
I'm also a mom of three....4, 5, and 6.  I applaud your wonderful decision to move on from your past relationship!  I left an abusive relationship with their father as well and it was a tough! decision, but now, three years later, I thank God for giving me the strength and help (from others) when I am in need.

You're an inspiration girl, raising seven children!
Unsinkablesoul1
by on Nov. 23, 2007 at 12:08 AM
I have three also. I'm an almost 26 year young single mother to 5 year old identical girls and a 3 year old little handsome man. I've been single doing it on my own since the begining of the twins. And then again since the begining of my son. I own my own house, car, and I have a stable job and let me tell ya, I thought 3 was bad. Definitely hats off to you girl!!! I heard that we are never given more than we can handle. I think it's been tested a few times but I never doubt it one minute. We were meant to be mom's. Good job!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)