Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Hi, I am a new single mom

Posted by on Nov. 22, 2007 at 8:25 AM
  • 2 Replies

Me and my husband got separated by country in jan 2006. I live in Toronto and he lives in Florida. I got stop going in jan 2006, they wanted me to work on my visa here. i had Michael June 2006. I been doing it on my own since then. but our marriage just ended. He met someone else. and of course its my fault. Besides all that. Anyone have any advice? Like how do u potty train a boy? and when is he ready? oh boy this is gonna be fun lol. Hes 16 months and hes such a doll. I love him so much.

Trish

by on Nov. 22, 2007 at 8:25 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
xemix
by New Member on Nov. 22, 2007 at 8:30 AM
Hi Trish,

I haven't gotten to potty training yet with my daughter but I've heard, and this is what I plan on doing for her, that you should try and make it fun for them to go on the potty. Make it a huge deal. Get a nice potty like Cars, or Diego, or whatever your son likes so he's excited about it. Then reward him with something when he goes or makes a good attempt to go.

Like I said, I haven't gotten there yet but that's what I plan on doing for my daughter. It's going to be a HUGE ordeal. I'll be clapping and singing. I'm sure the members of my family that I live with will probably think I'm crazy but oh well. We're going to have a great time! :)
blueyz2
by on Nov. 22, 2007 at 12:15 PM
Hey Trish,
Keep your head up..  us women do it alone all the time and it is becasue we can...  we can multi-task..

As far as potty training..  be patient...  my daughter did not start until the day after her 3rd birthday.. and my sister has boys and her little one is 3 now and will not have anything to do with the potty.. 

The thing I did with my daughter was at her 3rd birthday party I made her go around and tell everyone that she was a big girl now and I had her show everyone her big girl panties..  it was very exciting to her..  grant it.. there where some accidents and at night I put her in "Night, Night panties" which where the pull ups just in case and she made the transititon very well.. 

I would defintley say try to get him off the bottle onto sippys if he is not already and wean him off the binky.. before stressing the potty thing..  so kids will take to it very fast because they do not like to be wet and some, like my nephew, can care less... 

Good Luck
-Jaime
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)