Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Smoking Pot!

Posted by on Nov. 22, 2007 at 1:15 PM
  • 13 Replies

My sons father and his brother live together in an apartment. To make this less confusing we'll call dad (D) and his brother (B) Ok... so B & D live together.D use to smoke pot way before our child was born and I'm sure he has a few times since then but never around our son. B smokes pot and does it while my son is there. Him and his friends go into his bathroom and smoke up! I don't like this at all. So I said something to D about it and he said he would say something to B about it. I guess he said something to him today b/c lastnight I was in the ER with my son and D met us there, and we got into a big arguement about it and B called me this morning to cuss me out about it. Like I have no right to say what goes on in the house that he helps pay bills for.. MY SON IS MY BUSINESS!!! I got soo mad I threatened to call child services on the both of them. He just kept saying "I'll do what I want in my house I don't smoke it infront of him"  Am I in the wrong to think that smoking in the bathroom is the same thing as smoking it infront of him!?!?! Rolling it up and talking about it when his friends come over is not done in the bathroom its done right infront of my son!!! I've even went over there to find a "roach" in an ashtray on the livingroom table after my son has been over there. I don't know how to stop this b/c their family has the attitude of they can do what they want and no one can stop them. I'm sooo mad right now I'm in tears.... I don't want my son growing up around that stuff much less it being done around him. So when he gets older what am I going to say to him when he says well B does it and D thinks its ok why can't I!?!?!! I hate this soo much. I really wish that the both of them would go jump off a bridge.. ok so thats not so nice to say... I'll rephrase... I wish the both of them would move to Antartica :)  I've tried sooo hard to keep ppl from cussing and using bad language and smoking cigarettes and all that stuff that I believe childern should not be exposed to just for his damn father to put drugs in his home where his son stays from time to time. I don't want either of them to go to jail nor would I want to be called a snitch... but with my baby in the mix of it I have half the mind to actually take legal action against them!! Its D's apartment, B just moved in and every since then... things have changed dramatically! UUGGHHH!!! I wish he would kick him out! 

by on Nov. 22, 2007 at 1:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
elvir2babes
by on Nov. 22, 2007 at 1:36 PM
I think you have every right to be mad about the pot smoking in the same house as your son is. As far as the swearing, that one is out of your control, you really can't censor what grown ups say in front of your kid, even though you mean well. He will grow up and be around many people who swear out in public or wherever.
Now, if this was my son I would not let him go over there any longer, but that is me.
I wouldn't care what was in the court order, I just wouldn't let him be around that shit.
As far as your son's dad goes, he is being an ass and not putting your son first. D & B won't change.
Happy Thanksgiving

mybabybugssmile
by on Nov. 22, 2007 at 1:44 PM

You have every right not to want that around your child. However the dad is just as guilty as the brother because he allows it to go on when his son is at the house.  The dad needs to grow up and if the brother wont stop smoking pot then the dad needs to find a place of his own thats safe for his son to come visit him. If it was me, until that happens , the child would not be over there, and a little call to the police department, perhaps maybe child protection services,  would quickly take care of this matter.

Out The Door    3D Rudolph  3D Elf With CandyCane  3D Santa 
 Bye Bye Loser!!

cedrick06
by on Nov. 22, 2007 at 1:47 PM
if i were you i would call child services on them screw that! if my sons father had anything around him that i didn't approve of most of all pot i would call the police as soon as i got my son out of there! and you better know that he would NEVER see his child again. But then again i am a very bitter ex fiance with a heart blackened with hate for that "child" my son would have called a father. but anyways enough about me! if you feel that that environment is un safe for your child you have every right to say something and if neither one of them take action for it then its up to you to take it to the next level and let them know that you are serious!
janielinds
by on Nov. 22, 2007 at 5:47 PM
What I'm going to say I know will be in the minority. I have to make it clear that I do not condone smoking pot. It's not my thing. That having been said, I have several married couple friends, (w/ Kids) that do, every now and again, smoke a joint here and there. Granted they do it when their kids are staying overnight at grandparents, but they do partake in it. They are not druggies. They were big concert goers before the kids and under the approprate circumstances, (a weekend alone, or at a concert), they will do it. While that may seem horrible to many moms and parents, I have to say that these parents are some of the best that I've ever seen! They have an amazingly healthy marriage which in turn makes their kids feel loved and happy and safe in their surrondings. As for whether or not it's okay to do it while the kids are anywhere around, then NO, it's not alright. I just wasnt' clear by your letter if that was the case. Janie.
singlemom2b16
by on Nov. 22, 2007 at 6:02 PM
if you dont want your kid around it then dont let your kid go over there its that simple. you cant tell people what to do in their house its not your right or your business. if you let your kid go there its your fault your kids around it not theirs. personally if they are doing it in the bathroom i dont see a problem unless they smoke to much to the point they cant properly take care of the kid. as for when he gets older well either way hes gonna be exposed to everything you mentioned when hes older and he doesnt need the excuse well daddy does it or unle does it because kids / teens do what they want reguardless behind our backs . if you think by not leting him be exposed to it now will make a difference to his choices when hes older your wrong unless you plan on keeping him in a plastic sound proof  bubble and keep him out of school. which you cant . if i was you i would get over it as long as the  babys not breathing it in or watching someone smoke it theres nothing you can really say. eventually when he gets older and goes to school hes going to be exposed to this and so much more and hes going to have to make his own choices because your not gonna be there . all you can do is hope you rais him right for him to make good choices and informed ones. my advice to you is make sure they dont do it infront of your kid other than that worry about how you raise him or if your gonna have a problem just dont send him there . but dont go calling cops on people when its none of your business what they do in their own home also  because you can get arrested to for child endangerment for leting your kid go there in the first place knowing they smoke pot while hes there . so stop pointing fingers and just dont let your kid go there
mamamom431
by on Nov. 22, 2007 at 6:14 PM

Just a thought but,What if you went to the er cause something happened at dads (god forbid) He would go smelling like pot.then it would be out of your controll cause if they have any indication that he is around drugs they have the right to test. Your action on this matter should be sooner than later.Try to keep the talk away from son theese are not conversations you want him repeating at the WalMart.Take Care the firststep was asking for advise!
jrzygrl15
by on Nov. 22, 2007 at 6:20 PM
This post is something I would not normally allow on this site., But because it is concerning the welfare of a child I will let it ride. I think you should ALWAYS pick the welfare of your child over everything. It is your responsibility as an ADULT to care for your child. If you are living in a situation that is not safe and you know what it is you are STILL responsible for the welfare of that child and can be held liable for the things that go on around that child as well as to that child. If anyone finds out about these things if you have not taken steps to correct them you will be held  guilty even if you are not  doing the act. Please think about what is right and act on it!!!
brookeann01
by on Nov. 22, 2007 at 8:48 PM
you should call just for the fact that they think they are above everyone else. show them who is boss.

I am not going to tell you again...... I mean it this time....
Foxy79
by on Nov. 22, 2007 at 9:08 PM

Quoting jrzygrl15:

This post is something I would not normally allow on this site., But because it is concerning the welfare of a child I will let it ride. I think you should ALWAYS pick the welfare of your child over everything. It is your responsibility as an ADULT to care for your child. If you are living in a situation that is not safe and you know what it is you are STILL responsible for the welfare of that child and can be held liable for the things that go on around that child as well as to that child. If anyone finds out about these things if you have not taken steps to correct them you will be held guilty even if you are not doing the act. Please think about what is right and act on it!!!

I 100000% agree w/ youThis women is very right!!!!
slick
by on Nov. 22, 2007 at 9:15 PM

Quoting singlemom2b16:

if you dont want your kid around it then dont let your kid go over there its that simple. you cant tell people what to do in their house its not your right or your business. if you let your kid go there its your fault your kids around it not theirs. personally if they are doing it in the bathroom i dont see a problem unless they smoke to much to the point they cant properly take care of the kid. as for when he gets older well either way hes gonna be exposed to everything you mentioned when hes older and he doesnt need the excuse well daddy does it or unle does it because kids / teens do what they want reguardless behind our backs . if you think by not leting him be exposed to it now will make a difference to his choices when hes older your wrong unless you plan on keeping him in a plastic sound proof  bubble and keep him out of school. which you cant . if i was you i would get over it as long as the  babys not breathing it in or watching someone smoke it theres nothing you can really say. eventually when he gets older and goes to school hes going to be exposed to this and so much more and hes going to have to make his own choices because your not gonna be there . all you can do is hope you rais him right for him to make good choices and informed ones. my advice to you is make sure they dont do it infront of your kid other than that worry about how you raise him or if your gonna have a problem just dont send him there . but dont go calling cops on people when its none of your business what they do in their own home also  because you can get arrested to for child endangerment for leting your kid go there in the first place knowing they smoke pot while hes there . so stop pointing fingers and just dont let your kid go there

Smoke seeps through door cracks so he is inhaling it
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN