Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

My sons father and his brother live together in an apartment. To make this less confusing we'll call dad (D) and his brother (B) Ok... so B & D live together.D use to smoke pot way before our child was born and I'm sure he has a few times since then but never around our son. B smokes pot and does it while my son is there. Him and his friends go into his bathroom and smoke up! I don't like this at all. So I said something to D about it and he said he would say something to B about it. I guess he said something to him today b/c lastnight I was in the ER with my son and D met us there, and we got into a big arguement about it and B called me this morning to cuss me out about it. Like I have no right to say what goes on in the house that he helps pay bills for.. MY SON IS MY BUSINESS!!! I got soo mad I threatened to call child services on the both of them. He just kept saying "I'll do what I want in my house I don't smoke it infront of him"  Am I in the wrong to think that smoking in the bathroom is the same thing as smoking it infront of him!?!?! Rolling it up and talking about it when his friends come over is not done in the bathroom its done right infront of my son!!! I've even went over there to find a "roach" in an ashtray on the livingroom table after my son has been over there. I don't know how to stop this b/c their family has the attitude of they can do what they want and no one can stop them. I'm sooo mad right now I'm in tears.... I don't want my son growing up around that stuff much less it being done around him. So when he gets older what am I going to say to him when he says well B does it and D thinks its ok why can't I!?!?!! I hate this soo much. I really wish that the both of them would go jump off a bridge.. ok so thats not so nice to say... I'll rephrase... I wish the both of them would move to Antartica :)  I've tried sooo hard to keep ppl from cussing and using bad language and smoking cigarettes and all that stuff that I believe childern should not be exposed to just for his damn father to put drugs in his home where his son stays from time to time. I don't want either of them to go to jail nor would I want to be called a snitch... but with my baby in the mix of it I have half the mind to actually take legal action against them!! Its D's apartment, B just moved in and every since then... things have changed dramatically! UUGGHHH!!! I wish he would kick him out! 

by on Nov. 22, 2007 at 1:15 PM
Replies (11-13):
slick
by on Nov. 22, 2007 at 9:15 PM
Call the state
JohnnysMomma522
by on Nov. 22, 2007 at 9:18 PM
Bottom line, I wouldn't allow my child to go there.  Make his dad come to you to see him, or tell him he can't see him until you know it is a safe and child appropriate environment. 
pearee
by on Nov. 23, 2007 at 12:15 AM

OK, thanks for everyones advice, however I think some of you are confused as to the sitituation. I don't live there, his father and I aren't together and haven't been since my son was about 7 months old and since he was one years old its been court ordered for my son to be with his father every other wk end. So, by law there is nothing I can do about him going over there. I guess I could just say well he's not going over there and if you want to call the law or take it to court then go ahead b/c I'll just tell them why I'm not allowing him to be with you. I just think its pretty messed up that he doesn't do something about it, when he knows its wrong and if it where the other way around he would act the same way I do.  Also, when we went to court I told my lawyer about how his brother smokes pot and his sister and they both lived with him at the time. She said that as long as his father wasn't doing it I couldn't do anything about getting them drug tested, I could only have his father drug tested. So that doesn't help me any. I dunno, I'm going to call my lawyer and see what it is that I can do about it, with out anyone going to jail. I just don't think any child deserves to go home to ppl high and smell of pot. I grew up that way and around drugs way worse than pot, I would never want that for my child. And what I want is best so .. I know what I have to do now. Thanks! Sorry for the post if it was inappropriate.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN