Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Where do your kid(s) sleep?

Posted by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 2:26 AM
  • 60 Replies
Hey, moms! Just a light and easy question. If your kid(s) are under a certain age, say 10yrs old, where do they sleep? Do they sleep in their own room, or do they sleep with you? Would you prefer they sleep in their own room so you can have your own space?

My daughter and I sleep in the same bed. Mainly because I live in a studio. But, even when I did have my 3bdrm house, there were time when I'd get her and bring her to my room because I felt safer that way... And she kept me warm! Haha I love cuddling my kid, it makes me happy. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 2:26 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Delila12
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 2:31 AM
He sleeps in a crib next to my bed for now. When I get an apartment, he'll have his own room.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
aj23
by Amanda on Jan. 15, 2012 at 2:34 AM
My son has his own room and most nights he sleeps in there but he crawls in my bed in the middle of the night sometimes.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
vinajamom
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 2:42 AM
1 mom liked this
We all sleep in the same room right now, my boys each have a twin bed and me and daughter sleep in a queen bed (it's a BIG room).
I'm waiting to get my house, hopefully next mth, it'll be 3 bedrooms, the boys will each have their own room and DD and I will share master bedroom.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
StephMarie_Mom
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 3:07 AM
Wow! Congratulations and good luck!!

Quoting vinajamom:

We all sleep in the same room right now, my boys each have a twin bed and me and daughter sleep in a queen bed (it's a BIG room).

I'm waiting to get my house, hopefully next mth, it'll be 3 bedrooms, the boys will each have their own room and DD and I will share master bedroom.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
skymama10
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 3:34 AM
1 mom liked this
She sleeps in her crib in my room. We have a one bedroom apartment. I'd like to say if I had room I'd give her her own room but I kinda like her with me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ame4c
by Group Admin on Jan. 15, 2012 at 3:35 AM
1 mom liked this
My dd sleeps in here own room, but occassionally (when SO is working) sleeps with me. My ss and ds share a room at the moment, but I'm getting ready to buy a 4 bdrm where each kid can have their own room. The rooms will not be very big, but they will each have their own.
Chrismomto5
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 3:44 AM

They all sleep in their own beds.  Well, they all start out in their own beds.  Right now both my daughters are sleeping on the same twin mattress because they love to sleep together.  My boys are a lot better at sleeping in their own beds.  I swear my girls see eachother as their own personal slumber party friend every night.  

candiceclark
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 4:06 AM
My little jermain sleep with me he is only two months but once he turn 6 months he will be in his own room
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gabuckeye
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 7:16 AM

My boys have trundle beds in one room and I have my own room.  I have a spare room bedroom in the basement and there is a full bath down there, too.  But my boys don't want to be separated.  At their dad's they each have their own room.

Both states I have lived in have a law that the children have to sleep in a separate bed from their parent.  I have had neighbors go into panic because they were sharing a bed in a one bedroom apt with their child and cps were coming to check things out. 

Cenedra64
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 7:44 AM
3 moms liked this

I never cared where anyone slept as long as we all got sleep.  I know some people are sticklers for making kids sleep in their own beds. Shoot...I gave up that added stresser a long time ago LOL>  If a kid falls asleep on a couch or floor I'm not moving them. I just let them sleep and put a blanket over them.  If they all fall asleep on my bed watching movies I let them sleep.   My oldest has insomnia and keeps her sister awake at night...so she chooses to sleep in my bed to get some sleep

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)