Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Still didnt get my weekly 16 dollars!!

Posted by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 7:20 AM
  • 41 Replies
2 moms liked this
From child support!! Not that i count on it anymore but it wouldve been nice to be able to wash all the laundry today >:/ and i waited too long to go back and increase it bc now he has another one
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 7:20 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mommy_2_be_2010
by Silver Member on Jan. 15, 2012 at 7:21 AM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
addie4me2
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 7:46 AM

Only $16 for child support?  Seems ridiculously low and how can that amount help support a child?  

Cenedra64
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 7:48 AM

Only $16?   Geez about all you could do with that is go to a laundromat or put 3 gallons of gas in a car.   What kind of court ordered an amount that low?

kristiansmommy1
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 7:56 AM
3 moms liked this
I know it is ridiculous...he didnt officially have a job when he got ordered thqe mediator asked where he worked he said i dont. The mediator said "i figured that" and rolled his eyes. Its 16 and some change a week and he doesny even pay it but i JUST got his address this week so i can go back bc he has 2 jobs and my son deserves that money
Cenedra64
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 8:03 AM

Quoting kristiansmommy1:

I know it is ridiculous...he didnt officially have a job when he got ordered thqe mediator asked where he worked he said i dont. The mediator said "i figured that" and rolled his eyes. Its 16 and some change a week and he doesny even pay it but i JUST got his address this week so i can go back bc he has 2 jobs and my son deserves that money

good...Id definately go back and have that amount re-evaluated.   Ya'll both deserve more.  

aj23
by Amanda on Jan. 15, 2012 at 9:02 AM
I would go back anyways, you may be surprised.

Here if one of the parent doesn't have a job they put the income in as minimum wage to avoid orders for pitiful amounts like that. Mine is pretty low but not that low.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kristiansmommy1
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 9:33 AM
Oh really? Thats good to know thanks.it hasnt been modified bc i didnt have his address but now i do thanks to his gf lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
colins_mom
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 9:36 AM
Wow. I get 15 a month.... (The order is for 150 but ya know how that goes) my ex pays the minimum to stay out of jail...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LifeCafe42
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 10:00 AM
Ugh take him back to court
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Robsessed98
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 10:33 AM
2 moms liked this

Definitely take him back to court.  Although if he won't pay $16, chances are he won't pay more either, but at least you'll be in the front of the line in case he ever comes into some money.  You know you can get it from his tax refunds...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)