• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I feel kinda bad that that my BF may have lost a friend cuz of me and my son. :/ long

Posted by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 11:54 AM
  • 5 Replies

MJ had a good friend for 6 years. They hungout ALL the time. Mj has always been the "single going out friend" in his circle of friends. We started dating in Sept and like most couples starting hanging out alot. He started hanging out with his friend less. Well it seems to have made his friend upset. It went down hill bout a week beforeNew years eve. He started getting an attitude with MJ, stopped calling/ returning his calls and texts, when they did talk he was rude and short. The new years eve came and he stopped contact all together with MJ. MJ reached out about 4 times since New years. His friend called him once since a few days ago, while MJ was at work when MJ called back he was short and rude saying he didn't mean to call him but another Mike and hung up on him. Well it all came ahead yesterday. Mj and his friends were bs texting each other and mj thought everything was getting back on track they made plans to go out. Well once again his friend got short and rude, changed plans on him So mj asked if him and his friend girlfriend would like to go out to eat with him, me and my son. His friend  said very rudely, and I quote, hell no not if shes bringing her kid, you know me and my girl don't do kids.( i know ppl have a right to not go out with ppl with kids, they don't have kids, so it didn't bother me) BUT That sent Mj over the edge. He said that me and my son are in his life and if his friends cant accept us then they cant accept him. Of Course I'm sure it wasn't just that one comment, but it was the one that hit MJ the wrong way...plus it has all been building up with them. I just feel bad for MJ he's a bit hurt by his friends actions.  I never tried to take him away from his friend(s), I told him plenty of times to go out with his friends but he wanted to hangout with me and get to know my son. :/

by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 11:54 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
tyfry7496
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 11:56 AM
You didn't take him away, MJ's friend CHOSE to walk away because he's an immature ass.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Chanel5nyc
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 11:58 AM
I like MJ. He seems like a great guy.

Don't feel bad. Its his "friend" fault. If that person was a true friend, he would be around MJ no matter what.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CampClan
by Bronze Member on Jan. 15, 2012 at 12:02 PM

Do not feel one bit bad about this! If his "friend" can't handle someone new being in MJ's life then that is THEIR problem NOT YOURS!! My STBX has lost a ton of friends over our split... they all think he is an ass for doing what he did & have sided with me (even the single friends). We all grew up together & these guys are like my bog brothers (even though I'm older than them lol). One wants to give him a verbal ass kicking, the other (the best man at our wedding) told him if I left maybe STBX would finally grow up, & another has nothing nice to say to him at all (& this guy is dating STBX's sister)!

beka83
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 12:09 PM
1 mom liked this
Sounds like you have a great guy... Dont feel bad. If his friends cant accept his new life and the road he is going down then its time for him to find some new grown up friends. Dont worry about it...fair weather friends come and go.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LifeCafe42
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 12:10 PM
I agree he's not a real friend if that's how he's going to act

Quoting tyfry7496:

You didn't take him away, MJ's friend CHOSE to walk away because he's an immature ass.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)