Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Giving up one just to start another thats equally bad.

Posted by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 12:35 PM
  • 5 Replies

Poll

Question: Which is worse?

Options:

Smoking

Dipping

Both are equally bad for you.

other ( do tell)

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 6

View Results

I was hanging out MJ and some friends last night. We got on the topic about quitting smoking and dipping. One of Mj friend quit smoking but still dips. He reason to quit smoking cigs was because he didn't want to die of lung cancer at 60. MJ said he use to dip but quit and started smoking cigarette's to help him. In fact it seems alot of people there ( it was a house party so about 20 or so ppl) gave up one and started the other for what other reason. I'm kinda laughed a lil cuz to me they are both equally bad for you. It's just giving up one nicotine fix for another. But people starting having a debate on which was truly worse. Just wondering what your thoughts are ladies.. which is worse? Does it make since to quit one to better your health only to start up another thats just a bad?

by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 12:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
LifeCafe42
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 12:37 PM
1 mom liked this
Lung cancer or mouth and throat cancer?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MamaFLgurl
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 12:38 PM

Hmm it's a hard choice. j/k

Quoting LifeCafe42:

Lung cancer or mouth and throat cancer?

LifeCafe42
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 12:42 PM
At least you have 2 lungs. If you get mouth or throat cancer you have to eat through a tube
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
StephMarie_Mom
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 12:52 PM
Not only are they both bad for you, but they're both disgusting! I have asthma (currently in remission, hallelujah!) But anytime I walk past someone smoking, it really f*s me up! The smoke causes me to cough like crazy and I almost have to bust out my inhaler, because I end up short of breath from coughing. And dip just eats away at the mouth, so nasty! Imagine kissing someone who does that.... Ewww!

Sorry for the long reply...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
logansmomma1228
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 12:57 PM

A lot of people substitute one addiction for another, it just seems strange that they are substituting with the same substance. I have heard that meds such as Chantix can help, but they have an unfortunately high rate of causing depression and suicidal tendencies. I'd rather my friends smoke than hurt themselves.

Good luck to those trying to quit, I have quit about 6 or 7 times and I keep quitting until I eventually will stop for good! I would never dip though... gross IMO. Yes I know cigs are gross too... lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)