Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Even MORE Frustrated Now....UGH! WHY Does He Have To Be Like This!?

Posted by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 12:50 PM
  • 9 Replies

So all weekend here and there I have gotten phone calls sons dad asking If he could talk to him,and he is with my mom for the weekend and his sister so I'm not going to give him my moms #? They don't get along,and she doesn't want him contacting her either way! SO the root to my frustration, he says to me this morning I should be getting papers for sole custody of our son...What the fuck??? I wanted to cry,I wanted to tell em' what I really think of him after 5 years of marriage, but I DID NOT! I don't have a fighting bone in my body about it anymore!
 BUT I am scared now...I am fucking scared! I am not working? I am in school full time and on public assistance of every kind right now to make ends meet,living with family etc. He has a roof over his head,clean,safe,food in his belly,in school CAN and WILL they give him to his father after he's not been around for 4 years?? I don't know! And usually I can figure common sense like this out on my own, btu right now I am shaking in my being..I couldn't imagine losing my son he is my first born, my ONLY son..And I know If he was torn out of our home it'd kill me----
I don't know my fucking rights,and I don't have time or money for an attorney..I am scared to death right now I need some prayers,some words of encouragement ANYTHING but the thoughts I'm telling myself right now.
-Thanks

by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 12:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
StephMarie_Mom
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 12:59 PM
Ok, try and calm down if you can. I know it's scary. First off, look online for child custody laws in your state to educate yourself on how family law in your area works. In doing so, you may be able to find family law lawyers who work pro-bono. Just because you live with family does not mean you'll lose custody. Most often than not, family court looks at who's provided the most/majority of the care for the child, spends more time with the child, and can provide a healthier and loving environment. There are plenty of people who live with their family and retain custody. If anything, the first thing most family courts will look at is granting 50/50 custody.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bellavita24
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 1:03 PM

Quoting StephMarie_Mom:

Ok, try and calm down if you can. I know it's scary. First off, look online for child custody laws in your state to educate yourself on how family law in your area works. In doing so, you may be able to find family law lawyers who work pro-bono. Just because you live with family does not mean you'll lose custody. Most often than not, family court looks at who's provided the most/majority of the care for the child, spends more time with the child, and can provide a healthier and loving environment. There are plenty of people who live with their family and retain custody. If anything, the first thing most family courts will look at is granting 50/50 custody.

I don't have good finances right now.EVERYTHING we get food,daycare etc, is provided by the state so I am royally fucked.I got in trouble back in 09' for domestic violence and had my kids taken away but it was not with them, it was with a family member...I am so fucked. I know I will lose him..WHY try to get an attorney.

kristiansmommy1
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 1:06 PM
1 mom liked this
Unless youre abusing or neglecting your son in some way(i doubt this is the case) theyre not gonna just take your son and give him to a father he doesnt really even know. They dont take your kids unless theres a really good reason but especially not just bc youre on assistance. They look at their emotional well being too and im sure theyll see that wouldnt be good for him. My ex tried to threaten me w that bs 3 years ago bc i was in a shelter but everyone just laughed at him. I know its scary but you and your son will be fine!! Good luck and try not to stress about it
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
faerie75
by Ruby Member on Jan. 15, 2012 at 1:07 PM
Does he kn ow about the time you lost custody temporarily?

If not, I would try not to worry. He might get graduated visits.but not sole or half.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bellavita24
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 1:09 PM

Quoting faerie75:

If not, I would try not to worry. He might get graduated visits.but not sole or half.

Yes he does know,unfortunately.I'm fucked in the sense because of that MY past is what will take him away from me.

faerie75
by Ruby Member on Jan. 15, 2012 at 1:13 PM
But you did what you had to, to regain custody. If he was so worried about it, he would jave tried then. Id seek legal counsel.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anastasia1414
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 1:23 PM
1 mom liked this
He would most likely get visitation. He wasnt around for 4 years, they'll take that into consideration. And as for your past sweetie you got your kids back. Your ex is an asshole who is trying to frighten and manipulate you. Look for some legal counsel. Good luck!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Chanel5nyc
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 1:25 PM
That was 3 years ago. Get a lawyer. The lawyer can show the judge how you changed in the past 3 years. Now if that charge was recent, then I would say you are fucked.

As for being on pa, they can't take away your son because you are on pa.

Don't give up. I repeat, don't give up. I know you love your son, so fight for him. He is worth it. Good luck!!!

Quoting bellavita24:

Quoting faerie75:

Yes he does know,unfortunately.I'm fucked in the sense because of that MY past is what will take him away from me.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bellavita24
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 4:01 PM

No I didn't get a charge.It was obsolved If I went through the treatment and what not so as far as I know? No charge on my record because I did 6 mos. of treatment

Quoting Chanel5nyc:

That was 3 years ago. Get a lawyer. The lawyer can show the judge how you changed in the past 3 years. Now if that charge was recent, then I would say you are fucked.

As for being on pa, they can't take away your son because you are on pa.

Don't give up. I repeat, don't give up. I know you love your son, so fight for him. He is worth it. Good luck!!!

Quoting bellavita24:

Quoting faerie75:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)