Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Thanks but no thanks....

Posted by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 1:57 PM
  • 3 Replies

So my son has a friend that lives across the street and last weekend he came home with a bag of clothes and said "C's Mom said these will probably fit me one day so we can have them."   (C is about 2 years younger than my son but he's a lot bigger than my son).   I said "Okay, tell her I said thank you."  He come back home a little while later and said "She has 4 more bags for you."  I said "Please tell her I said Thank you for the other clothes but we really don't need anymore."   I really don't need the clothes, I have a pile of jeans and shirts on top of his closet from another friend, I have no where to put these clothes and my son really doesn't need them.    I personally went over and thanked her and told her I really appreciate it but at this time he doesn't need anymore clothes and I have no where to keep them.    So just now, my son is outside playing with his friend and comes in with another bag.   SERIOUSLY, I have NO ROOM for the clothes.....again, i appreciate the offer/gesture but I don't need them, take them to the goodwill yourself or give them to someone else.

Rant over.

by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 1:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
Chanel5nyc
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 2:07 PM
Either give it back or give it to goodwill.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
muwchck
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 2:20 PM

I'd give it back.  I mean, say "Thanks again, but as I already said, I just don't have the room or need for any more clothes for DS right now."

momtoboysjc
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 2:52 PM

I sent the last bag (from today) back to her.   Again, I don't mean to sound unappreciative but we just don't need it and I know there are tons of other people out there that could use them now.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)