• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you think

Posted by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 3:21 PM
  • 6 Replies
That it doesnt matter if BD's dont visit the kids much when there babes? That he can be more involved when there older and be a daddy then?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 3:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Delila12
by Bronze Member on Jan. 15, 2012 at 3:23 PM
No. I think it matters just as much when they are younger. Their relationship would benefit more.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anastasia1414
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 3:36 PM
1 mom liked this
Yeah i agree. Its like laying the foundations

Quoting Delila12:

No. I think it matters just as much when they are younger. Their relationship would benefit more.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Robsessed98
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 5:01 PM
I think they bond better as babies, but I also think they can be good dads later on too.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
faerie75
by Ruby Member on Jan. 15, 2012 at 6:50 PM
I think if he's going to be involved they should from beginning. Its important to bond when they are young.

That said its sort of hard for a dad to get alot.of time w an infant especially if its a breastfed infant.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
seamonkeymom415
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 10:54 PM
Im having a hard time with my babies father aswell. I believe if their not there in the beginning then even if they do show up later, their still always going to come and go...He grew up with his father in and out of his life and when we 1st started dating he admitted it screwed him up and hes scared to be a dad. i dont know your whole situation but listening to him explain how he felt about his father. Not having your father around when your younger, you do remember when your older how that made you feel so unwanted.
CampClan
by Bronze Member on Jan. 15, 2012 at 10:57 PM

No it does matter! If dad isn't willing to be a dad during these younger years then when the child is older s/he might think that dad only wants to be dad when it's fun.

My STBX's dad wasn't there during his younger years & only stepped up to the plate when STBX became a teen. STBX learned from this- or so I thought because he always said he didn't want to be like his dad (hmmm... maybe he learned the wrong lesson?)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)