Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I don't know what to do with myself...

Posted by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 3:56 PM
  • 9 Replies
My kids (dd4 and ds3) are having their first visitation (overnight) with their dad. We got divorced in November 2011 and I have full custody and he gets visitation. We agreed that we wouldnt force the kids to spend the night and we'd let them decide when they are ready. And today was the day. He came over to my place to do his laundry and spend time with the kids and they asked to go home with him and stay the night. I was shocked, Lol. I am glad to have some time to myself but I miss them already and I have absolutely nothing to do. :-(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 3:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
PiscesMommy021
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 3:56 PM
BUMP
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lawbella1
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 4:01 PM

I dont have a lot of advice but I do know the feeling.

Do something outside of the house so it doesn't feel too lonely!

HUGS!

PiscesMommy021
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 4:06 PM
Thanks :-) I think I am just going to stay in though. I don't really have any friends and I feel like a dork everytime I go to the movies or mall alone. It has gotten old. Lol

Quoting lawbella1:

I dont have a lot of advice but I do know the feeling.

Do something outside of the house so it doesn't feel too lonely!

HUGS!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Robsessed98
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 4:31 PM
as long as you know they are being cared for, just kick back and enjoy the alone time. i promise it gets easier with each visitation.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Robsessed98
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 4:33 PM
as long as you know they are being cared for, just kick back and enjoy the alone time. i promise it gets easier with each visitation.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Robsessed98
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 4:35 PM
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PiscesMommy021
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 4:41 PM

Quoting Robsessed98:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
klespeedy0205
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 5:23 PM

I know what you mean.  My brother and SIL kept DS last night.  Normally I would have called my friends and gone out.  I just went to Redbox and got 2 movies that didnt have any cartoon characters in them and came home.  I opened a bottle of wine and watched my rated R movies and laughed.  May I recomend "Crazy Stupid Love".  On a side note if you do watch it, dont get attached to Ryan Gosling, he is my future ex husband but he doesnt know yet.  LOL

PiscesMommy021
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 5:43 PM
Thanks :-) There are some pretty good movies and shows on tv today that Im watching and have plans to watch. But if I watch Crazy, Stupid, Love I promise not to get attached to Ryan Gosling, even though he is very handsome. I'll take Channing Tatum :-)

Quoting klespeedy0205:

I know what you mean.  My brother and SIL kept DS last night.  Normally I would have called my friends and gone out.  I just went to Redbox and got 2 movies that didnt have any cartoon characters in them and came home.  I opened a bottle of wine and watched my rated R movies and laughed.  May I recomend "Crazy Stupid Love".  On a side note if you do watch it, dont get attached to Ryan Gosling, he is my future ex husband but he doesnt know yet.  LOL

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)