Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Question about visitation rights

Posted by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 5:50 PM
  • 5 Replies
So me and dd's dad will be completely divorced in May. He's ex military and just got back from Korea where he was over a year. When he got back he spent only 4 days with my dd and we finished filing while he was here but after we filed he tells me that he has been talking to someone while he had been in Korea, which I don't care, and that he is moving in with her and her kid and this move is KY.

So prior to this news we had talked about him moving to San Diego to be closer to dd because he bitched and complained that he doesn't see her that much but now that he is out and we filed papers it turns out he's going to stay in KY and leads me to believe to be with this woman, who I've never meet and knew of till a day before he left. Anyways my question is what should do about visitation? Dd is supposed to go visit him at the end of May but it's all the way in KY and is going to be in the household of this woman that I don't know. I'm not comfortable for my dd to be around a woman I don't know and on top of that I don't know how she will treat my dd.

Dd's dad has proven to be a totally douche since he has gotten back from Korea. He has not called her since Xmas and he only sent her a damn McDs card for Xmas, wth. Prior to xmas he only attempted twice to contact her. I told him that I'm going to try to change his visitation rights because he hasnt proven to be a dad to dd since he got back to the states and he said he would try to take full custody off dd, as if.
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 5:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Marix3
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 5:55 PM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Robsessed98
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 6:03 PM
what do your visitatio. pApers say? if its not specified that he cant take the child out of state theres nothing you can do.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
faerie75
by Ruby Member on Jan. 15, 2012 at 6:41 PM
Well if he was active and trying I would say its not really your business to try and regulate about him living w someone else. But if he's not even trying, id just go back to court.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tyfry7496
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 6:48 PM
Depends what your divorce papers say and IF he contacts you to see her. You can always contact your attorney and revise the visitation.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AmaliaAbby08
by on Jan. 16, 2012 at 12:20 AM
I'm not trying to tell him who he can and can't see, I really don't care if he's dating someone. My issue is that I don't know this woman and he can't give me a garuntee that my dd will be ok being around this woman. Also with him hardly contacting my dd since he's been there makes me think that once my dd gets there she will be totally ignored by him and that this woman can get away with anything if she mistreats my dd.

Quoting faerie75:

Well if he was active and trying I would say its not really your business to try and regulate about him living w someone else. But if he's not even trying, id just go back to court.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)