• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hello everyone.

Posted by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 6:21 PM
  • 5 Replies
I'm Amy, 27 currently separated from my dh of 9 years. We have 2 children right now and another coming in 5 weeks. He's always been such a great dad, I'm very nervous being a single mom. Anyways, when I found out he cheated on me back in October we separated for 2 weeks but decided to work on things and our marriage. Little did I know he was still having the affair behind my back. I found a prepaid phone on Christmas day. That Monday after my OB appointment, I packed me and the kids up and moved in with my MIL, 3 hours away. That Wednesday my sister got into a head on collision with a semi truck. My dh came down to help me with the kids and comfort me while my sister recovered. We are still separated however I wasn't able to find an OB within reasonable driving distance for twice a week appointments. So I moved back into our family home and he's staying in a motel. That is the plan until I have the baby next month then me and all 3 kids will move in with my MIL. He's agreed to not cut me off financially but I've already.opened myself a new checking account just in case he changes his mind once I leave. I applied for food stamps online and am hoping my caseworker can tell me what other steps I need to take.

I do hope there is a future with dh in it but right now I'm focusing on me and my children. Any advice is welcome. Thanks for reading.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 6:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
single_and_preg
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 7:27 PM

Hello Welcome to the group!

It sounds like your doing the right thing to me!!           

tyfry7496
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 7:53 PM
Welcome to the group! We're here for you
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Cafe AmyS
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 8:45 PM

welcome

Mommyto2LilMen
by Tina on Jan. 15, 2012 at 10:39 PM

Welcome hun.  So glad you found us.  Good luck to you. 

LifeCafe42
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 10:42 PM
Welcome!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)