• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I Want To Look Older!

Posted by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 7:18 PM
  • 26 Replies

So i'm 19, and everyone says i look like i'm 15 or 16....

Anyone have any idea how i can make myself look older? I dont want to look ilke 30 or anything... but I want to at lease look my age...

by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 7:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
heather4511
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 7:20 PM
Same here. Id like to read the suggestions. I'm 21 and the elderly at work say I don't look old enough to have a job!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Chanel5nyc
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 7:22 PM
I'm 25 and look 18. But that's a good thing. Because when I am a lot older I will look younger.

But you can try make up, different hairstyles and/or wearing certain clothes.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tyfry7496
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 7:51 PM
1 mom liked this
Nope. I am 40 and look like I'm in my late 20's. I still get carded to buy alcohol. My sons classmates ask if I'm his sister! He's 15 and finds it funny.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gabrielat
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 7:51 PM

That's a good thing. I can't tell you how many women would love to look way younger than their age, so you're lucky :)

But you should try different make up styles and do your hair different or get it cut different. Idk if you wear glasses but everyone tells me I look older with my glasses on. I'm 19 also, and if I wear my contacts instead, I look about 16 or 17. 

PitaPata Cat tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

faerie75
by Ruby Member on Jan. 15, 2012 at 8:02 PM
1 mom liked this
LLol, it will be a blessing when you're older.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kngarber
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 8:04 PM

Stay just the way you are.  You are beautiful.  That's the problem with society.  When we are young we strive to look more mature and when we are older we fight to get our youth back.  Enjoy it because you won't always look so youthful :)

TreysMom827
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 11:22 PM

yeah i wear glasses when i'm driving. but whether or not i'm wearing them people still think i look young. ahaha i just got my hair done differently but it hasnt altered my appearance very much

Quoting gabrielat:

That's a good thing. I can't tell you how many women would love to look way younger than their age, so you're lucky :)

But you should try different make up styles and do your hair different or get it cut different. Idk if you wear glasses but everyone tells me I look older with my glasses on. I'm 19 also, and if I wear my contacts instead, I look about 16 or 17. 

TreysMom827
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 11:24 PM

i'm all for looking young ha, i just feel like i'm young enough as is so i at least want to look my age... I like older men, but i only get hit on by 16/17 year old guys that think i'm 15. i'd like to think i'll wake up and have just blossomed over night, but i dont think thats going to happen lol

Quoting kngarber:

Stay just the way you are.  You are beautiful.  That's the problem with society.  When we are young we strive to look more mature and when we are older we fight to get our youth back.  Enjoy it because you won't always look so youthful :)

Krystle21
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 11:33 PM
1 mom liked this
Same here. I'm 25 and always get mistaken for a teenager. Long dark hair makes me look older. So try doing something different with ur hair or dress more conservative like wearing a blouse and slacks and not t-shirts and jeans (Idk how u dress just giving and example )
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gabrielat
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 11:33 PM

You should get like bangs or side bangs. When I got bangs I started looking a little older, then when they grew out into side bangs they made me look pretty much my age. You should try that because when I didn't have bangs at all and just had it parted and straight, I looked young. Try putting volume in your hair too. When I straighten my hair vs not straightening it, it looks different.

How do you do your make up?

Quoting TreysMom827:

yeah i wear glasses when i'm driving. but whether or not i'm wearing them people still think i look young. ahaha i just got my hair done differently but it hasnt altered my appearance very much

PitaPata Cat tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)