Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

MOMS NEED A LAUGH TOO!

Posted by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 9:29 PM
  • 19 Replies

Hey single Mom's I need some help. A friend of mine convinced me to write a book. I'd like to have compiled funny sayings/doings from pregnancy, childbirth, and children...you know they say/do lots! Any story/ sitution would be great! You will get credit to it so long as you tell me your first name & if you want, last initial, and state. 

Here is an example I have written:

Pregnancy- You know your pregnant when you drop something on the floor and think "ok...do I REALLY need that?"

Here is an example from another mom:

(Loretta H. FL)

Kids- You have officially become a mom when you walk into your daughters room to get her up from her nap, and she has taken off her dirty diaper and made a poop painting on the wall. (What a mess to clean up!)

Thanks you to any moms out there that can help me out!! I would really aprreciate this! :)

by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 9:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mommyto2LilMen
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 9:59 PM

I got noghting right now, here is a bump for ya!!

-nUrSeToBe-
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 10:22 PM
My daughter, Aubrey is a very sweet 2 year old who loves to cater to others. One day, we were at my sister's house. My 11 year old nephew, Kam loves playing with Aubrey. This particular night, he was lying face down on the floor kicking his legs, screaming "Mama, mama!" Well, Aubrey gets down and starts to mock him. After a couple minutes of it, she jumps up and says, "Okay, gaaaahh!!" With 100% attitude and sass. Wonder where she gets it from?? Stacey J. Mississippi
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Misstrasee
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 10:30 PM

Moms need to have fun too. I posted a book on Amazon called Moms can have fun too. Its a resource book on having fun getting other moms together and having a good time. I think sometimes we get so bogged down with motherhood that we forget to have fun. It for e readers right now.

CampClan
by Bronze Member on Jan. 15, 2012 at 10:38 PM

My 32 month old has discovered the words "later" & "maybe". A typical conversation between us:

Shawn: I wanna watch Ninja Turtles

Me: No

Shawn: Later?

Me: No?

Shawn: Maybe?

Me: NO!

Shawn: Tomorrow?

Me: Maybe

Or there is:

Me: Shawn, where is mommy's (child support) folder?

Shawn: I dunno

Me (after finding said folder): Shawn why did you put mommy's folder in the junk drawer? (and not back on the computer desk where he got it from)

Shawn: Um, betuz (because)

Over heard at daycare by a little girl in the infant 2 class (ages 12 months to 24 months)

Peyton: Mimmi outside?

Kim (aka Mimmi- the teacher): No Peyton we are not going outside

Peyton: Why?

Kim: It's too cold now get off the table

Peyton: 'Tay (okay) Mimmi

I could go on but there are too many! lol

Dawn C. Reynoldsburg, OH

Ms.SingleMama
by on Jan. 16, 2012 at 8:09 PM

Thanks everyone those were so cute! And Mommyto2LilMen if you get any let me know anytime! And thanks for the bump :)

kristiansmommy1
by on Jan. 16, 2012 at 8:25 PM
1 mom liked this
Tonight me and my 5 year old were cuddling watching a movie and i say kristian why are you growing so fast?? He says because you make good food!! I have an idea, ill stop eating my food so i can go back to a baby for you mom!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Ms.SingleMama
by on Jan. 16, 2012 at 8:30 PM

haha that is too cute!! Thanks for sharing!

Sunivondea
by on Jan. 16, 2012 at 8:34 PM
1 mom liked this
This was my facebook status the other day lol.. Its apparent you're a parent when you realize you've been watching Sesame Street for an hour... And you're home alone.
Suni N. MI

StephMarie_Mom
by on Jan. 16, 2012 at 8:41 PM
Ok, so I like to watch movies in other languages, (I love foreign films.) Anyway, my daughter can understand some spanish and say a few words. She's become used to hearing different languages. But one day were at the grocery store, and an older Asian couple walks past us and the wife says something to her husband (sounded like Cantonese). And my 3yr old tried to repeat what she said! I was embarrassed, but the older lady just laughed and said, "She's so cute! She's tries to talk like me!" And my daughter just giggled and waved at the couple.

Ntzake P, CA
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MamaMendoza2631
by on Jan. 16, 2012 at 8:45 PM
1 mom liked this

It was December 2011 and I happen to find a way to get my older 2 children to listen. So one day my oldest son Dominic(4yrs) wasn't listening to me so I said:

Me: Dominic, if you don't listen to me I'll call Santa and tell him not to bring you any gifts.

Dominic: Mom, Santa doesn't have a phone!

He had this serious look on his face when he told me that, I couldn't do anything but laugh! LOL

Shannon M. CA

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)